First Baby - When did you show?!

cflower04

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm pregnant with my first baby and I'm wondering how long I'll be able to keep it a secret?! I'm the slimmest I've ever been (size 8-10 UK) and I do exercise regularly... will I have to resort to big jumpers and scarfs?!

I'm a size 8, jeans too tight by about 10 weeks. Noticeably pregnant at 14 weeks xx

When I got pregnant with my first I was a size 12 and first started to show at around 22 weeks. I'd say with you being smaller you might show sooner :)

I was 5'5" and 110 lbs when I got pregnant and didn,t become obviously pregnant looking until about 6 months. Everyone is different tho.

I was definitely showing at my 20 week scan with my first but still not a huge bump, I'd say maybe by 16-18 weeks it was obvious. I was probably a uk 10/12 then as well - I miss those days so much!!

Typically the smaller you are the sooner you show. Bloating can be a big factor in this as well, at times while you may not be technically "showing" you may be looking a little rounder than before. If you want to keep your little one hidden for a little longer you may need to just wear your larger clothes. I am a US size 0-2 so I am very very petite and at 5 weeks my bloated belly has left me wearing sweatshirts and my jeans unbuttoned in public. I dont know what else to do lol:shrug:

I'm a size 8 and didn't show until 28 weeks with my first

I'm an 8-10 too and I've stopped fitting into some of my clothes (about 10-11 weeks) mostly the well fitting ones with a distinct/well fitted waist band. I think it's mostly bloat from slower digestion, but there's no way I want to wear my tight jeans right now! I've had to put away quite a lot of clothes, but luckily have got some looser fitting ones left to wear :haha:

I can tell I look a bit thicker around the middle, but not sure other people have noticed.

I think I look pregnant in clothes this week but I think that is only because I know I'm pregnant. I don't think I look pregnant without my clothes!

We're getting married when I'm 23 weeks so I hope I don't end up huge!

Thanks ladies.

I'm hoping to wait until the New Year to announce it... at which stage I'll be 13 weeks! Or maybe even a little later! Fingers crossed!!!

I was 30weeks before I looked anything like pregnant with my first. I had to stop wearing higher waisted trousers/skirts around 24weeks.

I wore my normal (lo wish cut) jeans till the end.

I'm starting to be noticeable to strangers, to family I showed by 15 weeks because I'm skinny (113lb 5' 3") and cannot gain weight, I'm just not able to. You'll notice long before others will :)

Typically you don't show as early with the first as you do with the 2nd 3rd 4th pregnancy!

With my first I got slight lower bump at 18 weeks that I could feel, actually showing around 22 weeks and after that I ballooned!
I am petite.
My 2nd I have huge bloat belly at only 7 weeks!

I was a size 10 and didnt show until 5 months with my first. I had major bump envy

I am size 8, weight about 53 kg (115 lbs). I am not tall either - 5.4" or 162 cm. My hips are narrow. I showed with my first around 20-22 weeks but I was still able to hide it under baggy jumpers/scarfs. However I saw photos of very slim ladies that had their stomach pretty flat well into 6 months. It depends on how strong your stomach muscles are. Mine for some reason split in the middle very early on hence I had a bump by 20 weeks. With my second I had a small bloated bump from the very beginning but managed to hide it from others until 16-18 weeks. I am sure if you go for a baggy clothes on top but still wear slim jeans no one will guess. You may need to unbutton your trousers from very early on due to bloating but it will not look like you are pregnant.

I would say between 4 and 5 months i was obviously showing to strangers. I was bloated from the beginning so struggled with clothes straight away and I started a size 8-10. xx

I like to pretend my pudge is shaping up to be a baby bump (size 12/14) but I know I'm only 10 weeks and it's not ;)

This is my first pregnacy.

I'm 5'7", and at 4 weeks pregnant I was size 2/3 in US size (140#) and I've gained 10# in 6 weeks. I'm 150# and wearing my size 5s and am at 10weeks pregnant. Infact right now I'm just wearing leggings (they're stretchy) and just bought some large shirts to grow into.

I'm definitely "showing". I'm all bloaty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->