First bout of uncontrollable crying @ the worst time

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
Well I had my first bout of uncontrollable crying today. I could tell my hormones were off more than usual this morning because I was getting so aggravated with DS1 trying to vacuum. But then I went and finished up my Christmas shopping with my best friend and had a great time! Well when I was out, I bought 2 pairs of pajamas for myself. When I got home and was getting ready for bed, I tried the pajamas on and found that both pairs were way too small for me. I got upset because I've gained roughly 30 pounds so far :cry: but figured I would just return them. Well when I got into bed, DH wanted to DTD and Urgh, I just felt so fat and disgusting the whole time. I held back tears the entire time (DH had no idea, it was pitch dark) and when he was finished I ran into the bathroom and sobbed, then went into the living room and cried some more. DH could tell sometbing was wrong with me even though he didn't see me crying and came out into the living room asking what was wrong, and at first I didn't want to tell him because I was afraid he would think I was insane or stupid. He insisted though so I told him and he just looked really confused and kept saying "but you're pregnant you're supposed to gain weight". I used to have an eating disorder in high school and can't stand this. I feel like when I'm bigger people look down on me, talk behind my back and think I'm disgusting. I felt like this before I had DS2 as well and lost 10 pounds at around 38 weeks because...it's hard to explain but whenever I feel like this I hate eating so much that I can barely swallow food, it makes me want to gag it back up. Urgh I am going to look up some healthy food items recommended for pregnant women but I hope I snap out of this really quickly.

Urgh just realized I posted in first trimester, sorry meant to post in third. Stupid phone!

Awww I'm so sorry you feel this way, I completely understand how you feel. I've also struggled with eating disorders in the past and now feel as though I'm struggling now due to my old tendencies and feelings towards my self.
I gained 3 stone by my 12w scan in may last time, although I had also just undergone brain surgery and struggle getting about due to disability. Sadlly that pregnancy ended with that scan as it was discovered I had MMC.
It took 4 months since to conceive again and the whole time I was trying my hardest to lose the weight but didn't shift a pound.
Now I'm faced with it every time I go to the midwife as my weight and BMI is brought up and it's heart breaking.
I'm already starting to show but all I see when I look in the mirror is fat. I don't see pregnant in the slightest. I've stopped letting my OH seeing me naked, dread DTD and feel like I have to cry my self to sleep after due to feeling utterly disgusted with my self.
Somedays I do just snap out of it and think I'm bloody pregnant, it's the most beautiful acomplishment the human body can go thru and I'm going to have plenty of time to get back to how I want after.
Please don't think your alone in how u think and feel, places like this forum are great for communicating with people who understand how you feel, men just don't seem to get it as their wired differently. And they most certainly don't understand the overwhelming feelings of something so ridiculous being such a huge deal xx

Remember your body is doing something amazing and I'm sure you look fantastic xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->