first cycle after d&c but no ovulation yet...i want 2 scream!

poppielia

Reaction score
i had my d&c july 16th as i was pregnant with a blighted ovum...i was 10 weeks pregnant!
i got what i think was my first period 3 weeks after the d&c which arrived august 8th and lasted for 10 days. I am now on cycle day 16 and still havnt ovulated...bearing in mind that i only stopped spotting from the first period 6 days ago. I am used to normaly having 28 day cycles and being very regular and in tune with my own body...i dont know whats going on right now and i feel so frustrated and angry and upset that i want to scream.

sorry for the rant but i cant take this...i just need to get pregnant again as soon as possible because my body, head and heart seem to be screaming at me that thats what i need to do....
sorry again, am just so fed up!
x

Poppi, I'm so sorry for your loss. I also had my D&C on July 16. Unfortunately, this is my third one, so I have a bit of experience with this. I'm having two thoughts about your situation. The first is that what you thought was your period was actually more tissue from the pregnancy that needed to be expelled. It is possible that the D&C didn't get everything and your body eventually bled the rest of it out. The other thought I have is that your hormones are out of whack and are trying to regulate again. Your period after your D&C can be strange. Your cycle can also change. My cycles actually got shorter and I ovulated earlier. Other women I know ovulate later. I know it is difficult, but you need to be patient with your body right now. It has been through a trauma and it needs to do what it needs to do. If you were regular before, you will find your groove again. It just might take a cycle or two. I completely understand the need to be pregnant again. I know many of us feel the same way here. Good luck to you.

Have you seen this website? https://pregnancyloss.info/ It has a lot of good info.

You should especially read this section: https://pregnancyloss.info/first_period

Poppi, I didn't have a dnc, I had a natural MC end of June at 8 weeks. My first AF came 28 days after hcg levels unpregnant, this second cycle I am on day 24 and still not confirmed Ov, its so frustrating as I too want desperately to be pregnant again! I think after a loss, its normal for hormones to take time to settle down. You may Ov really soon, so I would keep trying at least every 2/3 days right now....:winkwink:

Sorry for your loss, hope you Ov soon and catch that egg! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->