First day baby rice question

tinyme77

Reaction score
Hi,
We followed the instructions on the HIPP baby rice packet of 1 teaspoon of rice to 1 tablespoon of milk. This seems ridiculously runny. Have we read it wrongly?

i would be interested in answers to this. i thought it would be runny like that but i spose they need it to be quite runny to adjust?

Just make it 'free hand ' lol - the instructions are rubbish!

Its the same with the porridges!

Yeah just add more rice to suit. I would say a small teaspoon of milk and a large heaped teaspoon of rice.

From what I've read (I say that a lot!), the initial consistency should be runny like cream or yoghurt, gradually getting thicker over time.

Must admit, I tend to make mine up to the consistency of semolina pudding, seeing as that's what it's like!

Oh, and I don't know if it's just the brand I have, but mine seems to get runnier the longer it's left out?

I use cow & gate babyrice, and you use one spoon of rice and 10 spoons of there milk, dunno if this helps xxx

From what I've read too, the consistency needs to be very thin and runny because it gets sucked straight to the back of the mouth and if it's too thick they could choke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->