First day of new routine, so far so good, sooooo proud of Gabbi xx

charlie07

Reaction score
After last night, we decided that we needed to change Gabbi's routine. She had been on 5 milk meals per day, the last being between 9.30 - 10.15, depending on how the day had gone. But as her solids had been growing, her taking more and more, she was taking less and less at the last feed and during all the milk feeds, I knew that she still had to have a minimum of 600 ml per day (approx 22 oz) and it was dropping fast! Last night she only took 40ml!!!!!!

So, I decided that I would not get her up, I would let her wake on her own. She woke at 7.30am.

8.15 am - 175 ml of milk (approx 6oz still lower than normal) and 40 ml (approx 1 1/2 oz) cereal with apple

Slept for 1/2 hour

12.15 pm - 2 cubes of potato with 1 cube of carrot. THEN 1 cube of apple with 1 cube of carrot = approx 5 oz of food. Also 80 ml (approx3 oz) of very watered down apple juice. She wolfed it all down:)

Slept for 3/4 hour.

3.30pm - 230 ml of milk (approx 8 oz)
Sleeping now 3.45 till ??????????//

So the plan for the rest of the day is to give her solids at about 6/6.15pm and then her last milk feed at approx 7.30/8pm.

Then, after months of her sleeping through with no problem, we will see if she will sleep through again!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:

She has always had a tendency to wake up at about 8.30 pm, whether we put her to bed at 7 or 8 (she's a cheeky monkey at this time of night). Last night, she went to bed at 8.15pm and woke at 9, I put her on the settee and she slept till 10.15!!!!!

I am so proud of my little one, she's done really well with her food and milk, Nanna comes for her first visit on Thursday, she's not seen Gabbi since she was 1 month old!!!!! Erm, yeah, she's grown a bit!!! :rofl:

Mixed evening which I expected. She's always grumpy at that time of the day!!!!

Well she slept for 3/4 of an hour from 3.45pm

6.20 she had her solids, 3 3/4 of good night cereal, and 1/2 cubes of apple and carrot.
She whinged from 7 intil 7.30pm when I gave in and gave her milk (she did not want more solids, she is just a whingey evening baby!)
She took 160 ml (5 3/4 oz) of milk so her total milk in take for the day was 565 ml when the minimum is 600 ml but she did have 11 3/4 oz of food!!!!! Bravo Gabbi :) She had 6 1/2 oz of fruit and veg and 5 1/4 oz of cereal with a little fruit mixed in. :happydance:

But then it was a nightmare. She fell asleep after her milk, I thought great!!!!!!! BUT then she woke up just as I was about to put her in bed, she screamed, cried (she hardly ever cries!!!), got her up, she whinged, she cried, she wasn't happy, I suspect over tired by this point, FINALLY went to sleep and bed at 9.30pm!!!!!!!!! BUT it is now 6.50am and she is still sleeping, she did not wake in the night :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Me, oh that's different, I could have a lie in and I've been awake since 5.55am!!!!! How typical is that! Body clock! God help me this Sunday when I lose an hour!

So we will see what the second day will bring, I hope it goes as well as the 1st. I suspect the whingeing, which was the worst we've had in a while, was because of the change in routine, so we will see.

Hope it goes well again tonight! XxX

Forget about tonight, we are having a nightmare day!!!!!!

She's always been whingey, not a cryey baby at all. But of today, cry, whinge, all day. She took 180 ml of milk this morning but only 2 tsp of cereal. Then at dinner she was crying, wouldn't take anything, took 2 tsp of carrot and potato, started crying, got her out, gave her milk, pushed it away, crying, then finally she took the milk but only 150 ml. She wouldn't take any food, tried her favorite apple and cereal, nothing.

She didn't want to big held, or put down or in her walker or lie down, nothing. It's so not like her, I hate not being able to help her, breaks my heart. Anyway, put her in her cot, cried for 15 minutes, I kept going back in, putting her music on, putting dummy back in and she's fallen asleep. I am wondering about her teeth but I looked and there's nothing at all. She does look like she's got a few spots on her face so I am wondering if something has affected her but she's had the same food, nothing new except potato yesterday dinner but she was fine all day.

Well let's see how she is after her sleep. I will still give her milk at her next feed as I did yesterday and then give her solids at tea time, see how she's goes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->