First doctors appt to check my fertility. NERVOUS!

cantwait22

Reaction score
I have been trying for 11 cycles now and I am very anxious to find out if there is a reason I am not able to get pregnant. This journey has been so heart breaking for me, and I am ready for some answers.

I don't know what to expect out of the first few appointments and im hoping someone that has been through it can help me. My dr. said I will be taking a ultrasound on Monday, and then on the 3rd cycle day to take a blood test.

Im hoping that I will get some answers from these tests. Does anyone know what comes next after these tests if I need them? Anyone going through the same thing and want to talk??

Thanks everyone! :flower:

I'm going through the exact thing at the exact time!!! I'm nervous too! We had our first appointment with the fertility Dr. last week and she reviewed the medical history, did an exam. I'm supposed to call the first day of my period (which should be happening any day now) and then do the ultrasound between day 2 and 4 of my period.... which is right when I feel miserable with heavy bleeding and cramping! How is this going to work??

Yeah I'm due for blood tests at the same time... thyroid and a whole bunch of stuff. Then between day 6-10 I have to go get an HSG test done where they insert a dye in the cervix to check for blocked tubes. Friggen scary!!!

Then yet another test right when I get a positive OPK to check for ovulation. So much! Do they have you doing all of those or just starting with the first two?

We stopped using protection around 15 cycles ago. We've been actively trying for maybe the last 7 months.

It is scary but! It's productive and helpful and worthwhile! You'll be glad in the end!

I'm going through the exact thing at the exact time!!! I'm nervous too! We had our first appointment with the fertility Dr. last week and she reviewed the medical history, did an exam. I'm supposed to call the first day of my period (which should be happening any day now) and then do the ultrasound between day 2 and 4 of my period.... which is right when I feel miserable with heavy bleeding and cramping! How is this going to work??

Yeah I'm due for blood tests at the same time... thyroid and a whole bunch of stuff. Then between day 6-10 I have to go get an HSG test done where they insert a dye in the cervix to check for blocked tubes. Friggen scary!!!

Then yet another test right when I get a positive OPK to check for ovulation. So much! Do they have you doing all of those or just starting with the first two?

We stopped using protection around 15 cycles ago. We've been actively trying for maybe the last 7 months.

Wow that sounds like a lot! I haven't had my first appt yet, its on Monday. But I talked to her on the phone and I think she wanted to start with the first two tests and see how they turn out before taking anymore. Im on cycle day 12 today, and im supposed to ovulate on Tuesday.

Does your insurance cover any of the testing for you? Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? :) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->