First elective scan

lovenoel

Reaction score
I've decided to book a scan for tomorrow - I'll be 9 weeks. I've already had one scan at 6w5d where we saw the heartbeat - but a lack of symptoms and general nervousness made me want to make sure things are OK. We don't have another scan until February 20th and I feel like I will go crazy waiting until then.

I did purchase a doppler but it's too early to hear anything and I don't know how else to quell my nerves!

The place we booked the appointment is an hour away and does 3D/4D, but at this point I'd be thrilled just seeing a heartbeat on a 2D scan.

Did anyone else do elective reassurance scans? How did they go? I thought about calling my doctor, but our copay for the first ultrasound was way more than the elective scan place we found, so I figured this was the way to go.

If you have 'reason' you can have you Dr. order it as medically necessary and it should be covered by insurance reason can be anything from checking babies size to reconfirming a dating scan and due date if measurements are off you can think of almost any reason :) Maybe you and your Dr. could come up with a necessary reason to have an earlier scan and still have it covered by insurance?

I had an elective 2D 10 min scan last week at 8+6, to calm myself. It was well worth the 1 hour drive and $65 fee. I got some great pics and video, and got to see my baby wiggling around. So, yeah, go for it!! :)

We don't get scans here until 12 weeks. I got my BFP very unexpectedly and in kind of weird circumstances so I didn't believe the clearblue "pregnant 3+ weeks"... I just couldn't accept it. So I had a scan for that and to get an idea of dates (hadn't had a period in over 4 years) :) It lasted 20 minutes, the woman pointed out everything and we saw the heart beat - I measured approximately 7 weeks, 5 days :) (the scan says 9 weeks as that's what the midwife guesstimated!)

Mine was an abdominal scan, not vaginal, so the dates could very well be out! In the real version of this photo, you can see its little arms :)

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back