First fertility appointment...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive Over 35' started by Angelic, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Angelic

Angelic Well-Known Member

Hi

Not sure where I should be posting this so I'm posting it on a few to make sure I'm covered!

I have my first appointment tomorrow morning at a fertility clinic. Hubby and I have been trying for 18 months and I'm almost 40.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect at this first appointment? I've been asked to bring a urine sample, that's all.

Please help, I'm a little anxious!

Thanks x

2. sarahincanada

sarahincanada Love my lil miracle

it is probably different at each clinic but this was it for me:

• first they went over all our history with the assistant.....both me and hubby. I had way more questions than he did. Questions include have you ever taken drugs, smoke/drink, STDs, so quite detailed.

• then the FS came it to say hi, and briefly went over what their protocol is.
    they had sent us the lab requisitions for blood work a month before the apt, so I had done general blood work and a day 2 of period blood work already. So they gave me those results (everything looked good). she said next step was to order a semen analysis for hubby and ultrasound for me and then we would meet again. (the ultrasound showed a possible polyp and so then I had to go see the FS for a sono which is a camera going up into the uterus and die flushed through your tubes).

• we could ask any questions we had, and that was about it!

good luck ,let us know how it goes!

3. Angelic

Angelic Well-Known Member

Thanks hun. I'm a little nervous about it, but only because I don't know what to expect! I'm normally ok with this kind of stuff but this is such a "biggie" that I guess my mind is working overtime!

I'll definitely let you know how I get on..

Thanks O:)

4. Macwooly

Macwooly Guest

Sorry can't give answers but hope all goes well for you tomorrow :hugs: