First haircut for girl... any suggestions?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
We're taking our LO tonight to get her hair trimmed for the first time! She's 21 months, and has never had a haircut.

Her hair is still very fine, straight, and kind of mullety. I am hoping they can even out the back, and I'm not sure what to do with the front. It doesn't part in any discernible way!

I'm not sure what they can do with it, but I'm hoping it'll come out looking less like a mess.

Any suggestions for getting her sit well for the haircut, or style options? I'm having trouble finding pictures of little toddlers haircuts for girls with hair that isn't super long yet.

Thanks! xx

UPDATE:

We got it cut! Turned out great, we love it! We didn't get any fringe or bangs, she just has a lot of baby hair.

haircut2.JPG

haircut1.JPG

I can't help you with style. Avery still hasn't needed a haircut, it's only a bit below her shoulders. We have a mullet still. She was still bald at 21 months.

If you have one near you, I would recommend a children's hair salon. They have fun chairs; cars, boats, ponies, etc Plus TVs with videos and video games for the older kids. They have way more patience with little children and expertise on how to cut their hair. The other month I had my teenage son in Supercuts and the one girl unprofessionally went on and on about a squirmy preschooler they just had in and how much she hated cutting children's hair.

Low maintenance! That's the only thing you need to consider, I think. If I had a girl I'd let it grow, i.e. no fringe (bangs), so she'll be able to tie it all out of her face when it's long enough.

I am getting my twins cut into a bob in the next few weeks. No fringe do they can just let it grow long.

I updated the first post to show her haircut. I thought someone might find it a good source if they have a girl with a mullet, too!

It turned out great!

Aw she looks lovely! Her hair is such a beautiful colour.

Awe it turned out cute:) The first pic made me laugh, I see what you meant about it being kind of all over, lol. What a cutie, love the red hair!

Aw she's so cute!

My lo could do with a haircut but I'm too chicken!!!
Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->