First Injections! :(

tone

Mummy of 2! ttc for #3
Reaction score
Callum has his first lot of injections this morning! I'm so nervous!!! Poor little thing doesnt know whats coming :(
Any advice on how he will be during and after? Also can i give him calpol?
He's 2 months on boxing day!
Ahhh, i'm so scared!!!

Any advice appreciated!!

xxxx

my nurse recommends giving calpol half hour before going in, i wasnt told the first time and elliot screamed his head off and was horrible....second lot i gave him calpol and he was great! so highly recommend it!

keely.

Hey, each baby acts differently. I was crying when jacob got his so my OH gotta take him for his nexts one. He didnt cry with the first ones but screamed his little heart out with the second. But luckily the nurse i had i knew and she let us stay until he settled which took about 5-10mins. Then when we got home he slept for about 3 hours then woke and then about 7pm got a really bad temp (had injections at 3pm) and i gave him 2.5ml of calpol (there aloud 2.5ml every 6hours) then that night and the next day and night suffered from a really high temp but that was it he wasnt crying or anything just really hot and sleepy :)

Hope it goes well XXX

Is it okay to give him calpol when hes not quite 2 months?xx

the gp gave us some on prescription the first time,so i hope so!!

Agh my doc said it was 2 months (jacob was 9 weeks when he had his).....double check with your doc :) im sure its ok as they need it to bring the temp down......as your nurse when you go in. They gave me it on prescription too XXX

I had Hebe's sprung on me at a weighing session! I thought I was coming a afew days later but they said they might as well do it that day!! So I was feeding her while waiting in the corridor and the nurse suggested I carry on as it might distract her. It didnt totally but it seemed to help. My sister said she got a bottle ready for her little lad to have straight after and that settled him.

After she had calpol and she wasnt quite 2 months - she didnt show any reaction of any kind - she did sleep an extra hour that night.

my little one had her 1st jabs today!! EEEEK - horrible for her and me! I was almost in tears myself! she had them at 4, its 11 now and she is still really unsettled. sleepin now but keeps waking with a little cry. cant believe we have to go through this again in 4weeks! goin to use the tip about calpol 1/2 hr before
xx

i have a calpol that can be taken from 2 months not 3 (from boots). fin cried during injections then was fine after about five mins. an hour or so later his leg was really red and swollen and hecreamed like nothing on earth for about 15 mins. i gave him calpol and i swear within minutes swelling was down and normalandhe was asleep. it's magic xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->