First IUI - now TWW *UPDATE* :(

Hi All,
I found this thread and can relate to how you all are feeling here. I'm 37 and ttc #1. We have been trying for 3 years now and few weeks ago we had our first round of iui. I was on gonal-f at 100 for three days and then they reduced it to 50 after that which produced one big follicle. Husbands washed sperm was 7million which they said was fine also. I had a pregnancy blood test yesterday which was day 25 and it came back with a BFN!!! The clinic where I am at likes to leave it for a month to get all the drugs etc... Out the system before trying again, so round 2 will be in December.
The TWW was Complete agony and it's all I could think about. How do you ladies cope with the TWW???
I just wanted to share my story and let you know there are plenty of us out there going through this. Xxxxx

I am glad you have joined this thread.... With regards to dealing with the TWW, I personally don't have any tips because it consumes me! I have been busy his month which has helped a lot but its always in the back of my head...

I go this Friday for the Beta test - I honestly don't think that it worked again this month...

I had my sonogram today and I have 2 follicles bursting to go - one at 22 and one at 26. I am taking the trigger shot tonight and go in Thurs morning for the IUI! Trying not to get my hope up too much since I know the odds are still against us, but you know how it is...

Question - anyone know the timing of BDing around the IUI - should we BD tonight - or hold off until the sample? We last BDed Sunday night - so I don't want to go too long. (I forgot to ask my doctor...)

I had my sonogram today and I have 2 follicles bursting to go - one at 22 and one at 26. I am taking the trigger shot tonight and go in Thurs morning for the IUI! Trying not to get my hope up too much since I know the odds are still against us, but you know how it is...

Question - anyone know the timing of BDing around the IUI - should we BD tonight - or hold off until the sample? We last BDed Sunday night - so I don't want to go too long. (I forgot to ask my doctor...)

Hey Moni! Sorry I am just reading this now so it's probably too late, but my dr had us BD the night of our IUI. That was the only time they requested. My husband "held off" for about 4 days before IUI. I had wanted to do it a couple days before, but it just didn't work out. Good luck to you! How did it go? (I had my first IUI last Thurs morning. I was super crampy all day long).

TTC4--Good luck on your Beta. The funny thing is I think this is my least symptomatic month in my history of TTC yet. I am not sure if that's a good or a bad sign?! I feel like I have a BFN waiting for me too. I hope we are both pleasantly surprised!

Sophie--Welcome! I am 37 and TTC#1 too. In my TWW (7dpIUI). I am trying to be more low key than I've been in the past (where I'm googling every symptom possible), but it is tough. I've been trying to keep myself busy with working out and meeting friends and pestering my husband, haha. I am going to try and not test until at least 12dpo. My clinic doesn't have me come in for a beta, just has me test at 15dp IUI and come in for bloodwork at that point. I'm on progesterone just in case though, so here's hoping! When in December will you get started again? Are you sticking with the same meds?

Hey Moni! Sorry I am just reading this now so it's probably too late, but my dr had us BD the night of our IUI. That was the only time they requested. My husband "held off" for about 4 days before IUI. I had wanted to do it a couple days before, but it just didn't work out. Good luck to you! How did it go? (I had my first IUI last Thurs morning. I was super crampy all day long).

Thanks! We did BD Tuesday night and again last night after the IUI. Doctor did not give me the number but said there was plenty of sperm. I also was SUPER crampy yesterday - still a little today, but much better. I wasn't sure if it was from the IUI or if I had just eaten something bad. So I am a week behind you - keep me posted on how it goes please!

FXed for you!!

Okay...11dp IUI this morning. I know it's early but I am super excited to tell you all that there was a faint line this morning. (I tested last night too and saw a faint line...so repeatable event). Here is a pic: https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=196584. What do you think? I know it's hard to see, but it gives me hope!

Good luck to all of you!

Oh and Moni--yes, I had a lot of cramping the day of IUI...like menstrual cramps. I think that's normal.

Quick update - another BFN for me! So I am done until 2014 - I can not handle this emotionally anymore so I am taking a well deserved - well overdue break from it all.

sorry TTC - the break will probably do you some good!! See you back here in 2014!

It looks like congrats are in order Brooks.... keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->