First month charting...confused!!

H

hopefulyogi

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but thought that I would register for some support and guidance through this journey of ttc!

My husband and I have been trying for 4 months now to conceive baby #1. For the past 2 months I have been using OPK. Last month, I had a super unsual period for me, but alas, no baby! So this month I began using the OPK again and also started charting my temp. I got a bit of the stomach flu for 3-4 days and I think this may have thrown my temps off as I had a peak of 37.6 degrees celsius on Monday but did not get my positive OPK until Wednesday. The next day (Thursday) my bbt was 37 degrees (most of the other days during my cycle it has been between 36.2-36.7). Since Thursday my temp has been 36.9 - today is Saturday.

So to recap, I had a stomach flu over the weekend. My temp was 37.6 for 2 days, last being Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday my temp was 36.2 and I got positive OPK Wednesday. Thursday my temp went back up to 37, Friday and Saturday my bbt was 36.9.

My question is - as I had my positive OPK Wednesday I would expect to have ovulated sometime between then and Friday. Considering my regular temp has been around 36.2-36.7, is 37 and 36.9 a big enough temp. increase to suggest ovulation? I have been waiting for a bigger jump in temperature than that but I think it would be too late for me to ovulate now! As its already 3 days post positive OPK!

I guess part of me is also worried that I didn't ovulate this month. This is my first month charting so if any experienced charters out there could help me with this, pls let me know. Also, because I had the flu for a few days I am worried this threw off ovulation.

Any feedback is welcomed!!

Thanks everyone,

K

I dont think your chart could be accurate due to the flu.

Can you post the link.. Its hard to understand without the visual.

My temp dipped the day of ov, then it should rise from there. It takes three days of high temps to get crosshairs on ff.
Meaning if you had o on thursday, ff wouldnt confirm o until at least sunday but likely monday

Hi Mississippi,

Thanks for replying. This is the link to my ff chart. As you see, my temps have been all over the place and I know I had a flu over the weekend but am 100% now and was just hoping that I would see the temp. rise to confirm ovulation. I know the flu could maybe throw off my temp readings but could it throw off ovulation completely? Hope not!

Thanks

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

That link wont work.. You have to get one of the link codes

Go into menu then share.. There should be a bb code.. You can put that in your signature as well

It shouldnt throw off ov, i dont think. But ff wont be accurate in confirming ov

Oops, sorry. As you can tell I'm new to all this! It was a miracle I figured out how to use ff in the first place lol. All of it kinda makes my head spin. I hope I did it right this time.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ead1e

Also, I am not sure how to create a signature or anything but will give it a go.

4 months ttc too? I kinda thought it would happen within the first 2 months so am starting to get a bit worried something is wrong with us. Everyone around us (family/friends) have gotten pregnant really easily or accidentally. So actively trying and using opk's and changing our diets is all new to us! We don't know anyone that has had to do that - which is a reason I decided to join the forum because I know there are people out there who don't get pregnant "accidently" or within the first month or two of trying and I wanted to receive support from them instead of feeling crappy because its been 4 months and still no bfp! And I know some ppl would think "only 4 months...try 4 years!" or something but the feelings are still the same.

Anyways, hope that you can see my link now Mississippi - what sort of things are you trying? Im assuming charting but anything else?

I can see it now.. If you are using opks or checking cm or cp, input that into ff too... It helps it do be more accurate in calculating. How long are your cycles typically?

I know the feeling, my sil is accidentally pregnant first month off bcp... Such a piss off. It will happen when its right.

I use opks, this is my first month charting.. You should be able to able my chart in my signature. Im taking prenatals, b6 to try to lengthen my lp as it is only about ten days, and omegas to increase cm. i also have dh taking omegas to improve sperm quality, production, and motility. Oh this month i used preseed for the first time because i havent been taking omegas long enough to help my cm yet!

There should be a drop down that says quick links and theres a signature option in there

And i looked at your chart, your spikes were all around the time you were ick, which is likely why you wont get accurate cross hairs. Otherwise id guess you ovulated on wednesday, given the dip, but again couldnt confirm that.

That's frustrating - first month charting and it's thrown off by being sick! Oh well. Like you said, if it happens this month it's the right time and if not, there's next month!

I am also taking prenatals and omegas but might get hubby to take them as well so that he can improve his sperm quality.

Gotta love the people who "accidently" get pregnant when you have been trying for several months and would love to see that BFP!

I tried adding my chart (which appears to be useless now) to my signature but I can't until I start 5 posts apparently, so will have to wait on that one.

Here's hoping this is our month! :)

Well that was your fifth post! You change to active after ten posts i think, so not too long to wait. I still ask tons of questions on here!
Good luck and babydust :dust:

Going to say you ovulated on CD 14. :)

Thanks JP - I'm gonna go with that then too because my temp was same as before positive OPK today again. Now I play the waiting game! :)

haha, ok Mississippi - I can add my chart to my signature now. I thought it meant I Had to start 5 threads maybe? But like I said, I'm new to all this so I get confused easily lol. Was just looking to connect with ppl going through similar struggles as my dh and I! Thanks for your input ladies, really appreciate it!

Babydust :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->