first month clomid with monitoring....3 MATURE FOLLICLES at 13dpo

hi everyone
Ive been talking about clomid on quite a few different thread so just wanted to update:

I had my follicle scan today and I have 4 mature follicles! I have 2 each side, she said that it was up to me but she is ok with me continuing due to my age as its very unlikely they will all be good eggs or all fertilize and implant. She said twins is 10% likely and any more about 1%. So I have to do the ovulation sticks, and if I dont get the surge by Sunday I have to go in Monday and they will inject me to bring on ovulation.

Im excited but also being realistic too. wishing everyone lots of luck with cycle :hugs:

That's great that you have 4 follicles! Which OPK are you using? I tried the clear blue digital that give you happy faces and I have tried the two line ones where it has to get darker to be a positive. I always struggled reading those so preferred the digital ones :)

Whenever we were at the clinic we used the trigger shot, figured it was easier to time and ensure we didn't miss ovulation!

That's great that you have 4 follicles! Which OPK are you using? I tried the clear blue digital that give you happy faces and I have tried the two line ones where it has to get darker to be a positive. I always struggled reading those so preferred the digital ones :)

Whenever we were at the clinic we used the trigger shot, figured it was easier to time and ensure we didn't miss ovulation!

I always use the digital smiley face tests! I worry that the cheapies or other ones that I wont know I had my surge until it starts fading, and I dont want to miss it! I used to buy the $55 packs from shoppers that have 7, but found a place in the UK that has 21 for the same price even with shipping :thumbup:

I might end up having to get the trigger, but I will be checking tomorrow morning and night and same for sunday!

Which site in the UK?? I need to invest in some as this month I went through 2 packs with no happy face - thinking its a cycle where I haven't ovulated. Very frustrating but also explains why for 9 -12 months we had no luck on our own!

Which site in the UK?? I need to invest in some as this month I went through 2 packs with no happy face - thinking its a cycle where I haven't ovulated. Very frustrating but also explains why for 9 -12 months we had no luck on our own!

its on ebay called fertility plan, hope this link works
https://myworld.ebay.ca/fertilityplan/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
search for
20 CLEARBLUE DIGITAL OVULATION TESTS +10 PREGNANCY FREE
as he has some on there with no pregnancy free and you might as well get some free. it comes to about $65 with postage and takes 10ish days. Same price but 3x the amount!

hi everyone
Ive been talking about clomid on quite a few different thread so just wanted to update:

I had my follicle scan today and I have 4 mature follicles! I have 2 each side, she said that it was up to me but she is ok with me continuing due to my age as its very unlikely they will all be good eggs or all fertilize and implant. She said twins is 10% likely and any more about 1%. So I have to do the ovulation sticks, and if I dont get the surge by Sunday I have to go in Monday and they will inject me to bring on ovulation.

Im excited but also being realistic too. wishing everyone lots of luck with cycle :hugs:

That's GREAT news!!!! I had 4 follicles as well and 1 took!!! Good luck!

its on ebay called fertility plan, hope this link works
https://myworld.ebay.ca/fertilityplan/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
search for
20 CLEARBLUE DIGITAL OVULATION TESTS +10 PREGNANCY FREE
as he has some on there with no pregnancy free and you might as well get some free. it comes to about $65 with postage and takes 10ish days. Same price but 3x the amount!

How did you find the Ovidrel shot???? You're now into your dreaded TWW!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

thanks Springy and aliwnec10, I am just in the 2WW and decided to take a week off from the forum and researching....I was spending hours upon hours googling about follicles and bfps, so I needed a break!!! I still pop in here and there it check if anyone has any good news.

aliwnec10 I had 4 follicles at 11dpo but by 13 dpo only 3 had grown, the forth stayed at 16.5 but might have matured with the trigger shot. Im keeping my fingers crossed but at the same time being realistic that it might take a few tries or even IUI. So happy it worked for you first time, I wonder what the stats are on that? have you had any dr's appointments yet, when is your first scan?

springy the ovidril shot was a breeze....didnt even feel the needle :thumbup: I was quite crampy 2 days later so I think I ovulated then. where are you in your cycle... are you trying this month or just waiting for your lap?

LittleBird hows it going with you, I checked your chart and boy thats a long LP....is it usually that long?

hope everyone is good, I will probably started testing from friday. I actually tested after the trigger shot to see when it left my system and a couple of days ago it was already a blank test....springy did you ever do that?

have a great week :flower:

aliwnec10 I had 4 follicles at 11dpo but by 13 dpo only 3 had grown, the forth stayed at 16.5 but might have matured with the trigger shot. Im keeping my fingers crossed but at the same time being realistic that it might take a few tries or even IUI. So happy it worked for you first time, I wonder what the stats are on that? have you had any dr's appointments yet, when is your first scan?

Thanks sarah. I actually just had my 3 scan on monday. Everything looks great and i've been released to my regular OB. :happydance:

Be sure to let us know what happens. I completely understand taking a break from researching and reading. I've been there too. Take all the time you need. ;)

LittleBird hows it going with you, I checked your chart and boy thats a long LP....is it usually that long?

Hehe, funny you should ask. I'm traveling with the LOs and I'm going to be here for a couple of weeks before DH arrives, then we stay for a few days longer and all fly back home together. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and extend my LP out a little longer with Progesterone so that we don't have to try to arrange BD while we're here. We stay with Grandma, and ever since Grandpa passed away, I sleep in the bed with her and DH stays with the boys, so there's almost no chance of sneaking off to make a baby. :haha:

Thanks for checking out my chart, though! I didn't ask the FS if I could mess with my cycle length, but I'm assuming I won't be causing problems by doing it. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right? :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->