First month off pill - advice needed?

LuckyLass

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I stopped taking the pill (microgynon 30) on 12th Oct and got my withdrawal bleed as expected on 16th Oct. We started ttc straight away and now I am wondering when I should expect my next period assuming I'm not pregnant? If I was still on the pill it would have been yesterday but I know it may take time for my real periods to start again.

The only symptom I have had is very sore nipples about a week a go but that has now gone away! I took an early response pregnancy test on 11th Nov because I couldn't wait but got a BFN! How long should I wait to test again?

Any advice / experiences would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to everyone!

I think you may just have to wait and see...can you remember what your cycle length was before you took any pill?

I came of my pill in August, waited 24 days for a WB, then 14 days for next period and my cycles have been 24 and 25 days since so kind of regular.

I was on cerazette for 3 years and microgynon for 6 years before that.

It does take some time to get back to normal, however everyones different.

Good luck xxxx

I suggest you chart your BBT. I started immediately after bcp when we started trying and it saved me from a lot of stress. It will let you know when and if you are ovulating. My first cycle was a normal 30 days, but the next one was 64 (didn't ovulate until CD48). If I didn't know that, I would have been going CRAZY!!!! I definitely recommend charting your bbt. It's very easy.

I'd wait a few days and test again. You may have ovulated later and it's still too early. Hope you get your BFP and it's a short journey for you xx

I was on BCP for 5 years, came off mid september, had my withdrawal bleed, and didnt have another period til the 5th of November, 53 days later :/ so really it could be at any point hun!
Don't worry about it too much, wait til you have your next period then start using OPK's, or this is what I'm doing! lol FX'd for you :D
Some people catch on there first month off, others it takes a few months for ovulation to come back!
I've not had a positive OPK yet but I'm only 10 days into my cycle so it's too early anyway, but I'm still testing everyday anyway! just to make sure!!

Hope things become less confusing for you soon!
I'm still in the confusing stage . . . when I know I've started ovulating again, I'll stop stressing so much! haha

GL hun and lots of :dust: to you!!

Thanks for your help. :flower: I think my cycles were more like 30 days before instead of 28 so you are probably right I just need to be patient! I am just so desperate to know either way. I know it's more likely not to happen straight away but it's so easy to get carried away. I will wait until the weekend before I test again xx

ugh I was exactly the same last month! then AF came and I chilled out a bit . . . however I'm freaking myself out again this month!! I want to know if I'm going to ovulate! ugh I hope it returns sooner rather than later!! xx

As soon as AF shows up I will get some OPK's for the following month! Good luck to all of you. Hope we all get our BFP's soon xx

hey

this is my first time TTC too... i was on BCP for about 3 years came off them end of october 2011 had a 5 day af on the 23rd october and also started using clearblue opks got a positive opk on cd20 and cd21 so i knew i was ovulating so now im just waiting to see if af comes which is due around the 26th :) im 1 dpo

good luck all!!

I wad on microgynon for 12years!! Stopped in March.

My first cycle after WB was 58days! Hadn't started TTC so knew I wasn't pregnant. I had every symptom of pregnancy. Cramps, nausea, bloating, headaches.next cycle was 36, then 32. Month we started TTC though I might be pregnant when AF didn't show, eventually the witch showed at 54days!! Next cycle was 28dats but used OPKs and my LP was only 9/10days. Next cycle was 34 days but LP was only 7 days!

Now taking Vitex and B Complex in the hope this helps.

It is quite common to get pregnant in the first month off BCP. The sensitive nipples could be a sign if ovulation, you'll know if you get AF or a BFP next week.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->