First month off the pill and NTNP

meggo

TTC #1 w/PCOS
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been on the pill for 13 years and this is my first month off of it. My LMP was 1/25, which is when I stopped the pill, but I have no idea what to expect. I'd love to become pregnant, but the hubby isn't quite ready to officially be TTC yet, so we haven't been using protection since then but haven't been thinking about timing or anything.

Is it normal for nipples to be SO sensitive for over a week now? They are driving me crazy, and now the bbs are starting to ache.

I can't remember a time I was ever not on the pill, so all this normal body stuff is weird and foreign to me. And I have no one else to ask. If anyone wants to be buddies, let me know! :)

Hey :)

What pills were you on before? I came off Microgynon 30 last month and I've had so many withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately a lot of them could be pregnancy symptoms as well so I certainly used more than a few tests :blush:

I think we just have to bear with it as our bodies get back to the way they were before! I don't even remember what my period was like before I went on the pill.

Good luck :happydance:

Hi, welcome!

It's normal to get lots of symptoms off the pill as your body gets used to producing its own hormones again. They'll settle down in time. I actually found it really interesting finding out what symptoms my body normally has around ovulation, before AF etc, you get to learn how your body works in its own way. :D I was the same, on the pill for 11 years so had no idea what to expect as my periods as a teen were crazy!

Thanks for the replies! It helps to not feel so alone while going through this. :D My mom and I have kind of an...odd... relationship, so I don't really have a female figure to look up to and talk to about everything. Unfortunately my mom continues to live her life with an eating disorder, and is still shocked that I finally stood up and got treament in 2008 for my eating disorder. She would MUCH prefer I be uber-thin and have an eating disorder than have curves and actually enjoy life!

Anyway, enough about that. I know it will take a while for my body to adjust to these changes, but I still hold a small little gimmer of hope that I could be pregnant. I suspect I always will, until I eventually am...but it's so hard sometimes!

My dietician suspects I have PCOS, which is why I chose to go off BCP in the first place (for a diagnosis). I was on Mircette for years until it eventually switched to the generic Kariva. I have been feeling FANTASTIC since stopping the pill. More energy, more positivity, WAY more sex drive. It's just these sore bbs now! :D

I can't wait to get to know everyone! As you can tell, I like to go on a bit much...sorry. :)

ha, chat away, it's what we're here for. :D

I know what you mean about the sex drive - after coming off the pill I was like 'OMG - I can't believe I've been missing out on this!' :haha: After we have a baby, whenever that may be, I really don't want to use hormonal contraception again as I feel so much better off it.

Me too! I already told the hubby that there was no way I'd ever be going back to that. :)

I know that it's pretty unlikely that I'd ever get pregnant my first month off, but the suspense is still killing me. When should I test? When do I consider myself late? I have NO clue!

Thankfully I found this place, and can finally talk to others who are in the same boat!

I was the same with the sex drive! I couldn't believe how much of a difference it made coming off the pill.

You can test the first day of your missed period depending on the tests you get. I tested WAY too early because I can't handle waiting! I had no idea when AF was supposed to come so I went through a lot last month. Turns out my cycle was 36 days :(

hi meggo! i'm almost in the same boat as you - i took my last BCP on January 20th, got my pill withdrawal bleed on January 23rd. i was just guessing about my cycle, thinking i would have another period right around tomorrow (28 days later), but then last week, i had ovulation cramps (I think), EWCM, and a positive OPK, so now i'm thinking my cycle will be more like 40 days for this month.

i have honestly not had really any pill withdrawal symptoms. the main things have been the 1) lower abdomen pain, but i think that has turned out to be OV pain, and 2) a few headaches, though i have headaches a lot anyway, so it could just be from that.

i've also definitely noticed the uptick in sex drive! and the return of CM has made sex more enjoyable too :D

as for testing, you could legitimately start testing 28 days after you got your period after the pill, but if you're like most people coming off the pill, i don't think your cycle will be that short right off.

good luck! :hugs:

I had a 31 day cycle first off the pill (and they've settled at around 31 too, which is good). If you haven't had AF after about a month you may as well test just in case. AF could take longer to arrive for you though, it varies a lot between women. Once you've had that first 'true' AF, you'll have more of an idea. Best of luck! xx

Thanks! Waiting for this first AF to come off the pill is crazy. I keep thinking it's about to come and rushing to the bathroom, but nothing. I hope I'm lucky enough to cycle regularly like you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->