first month trying... how to move on from a neg. test?

babycitrus

Reaction score
This is my first month trying.

My last period started on Feb 28 and while I haven't been charting or testing ovulation, I have always been pretty regular and I am assuming I would have ovulates around the 14th.

On day six after suspected ovulation, I had mild cramps.. Which I never have cramps during PMs. The next day I had a tiny amounts of pink spotting. I have been working pretty hard but I have been pretty fatigued for the past five days. I have been pretty nauseated and had almost threw up at work. Bad heartburn. So I took a test this morning (which is two days before expected period) and it was negative.

I'm feeling cramps Tonight. Feeling pretty disappointed, but foolish for thinking I was Pregnant. I mean, I guess I could be, but I am feeling discouraged. How do you carry on to try again?

Do you think I was foolish for getting my hopes up?

You're not foolish at all. We've been trying three months and each time I've got my hopes up only for AF to show, even when I had a horrid virus one month and the chances were even lower. It's only natural to be disappointed as its something we want so much.

I find it easier not to test. For me, it's a lot harder to see BFN's than AF arriving. Some people on here start testing really early but I would find it too disappointing and stressful seeing all the negatives. I've decided to only test when I'm about 3-4 days late which never happens as I'm always early!

You could still get your BFP this month! Two days before is still early. I would wait until AF is a couple of days late and then test again.

Good luck! Hope you get your BFP soon!

My best advice is just don't think about pregnancy or babies. Just get on with normal life while having unprotected sex often. I'm on my 2nd month of TTC, and on my first month i got obsessed, and convinced myself i was pregnant!!!
I was googling all sorts of things, and coming on here often, and it made the wait feel like a lifetime. This month i haven't even thought about it much at all, and i feel so much better! If it happens it happens! x

You're not out until AF shows. I've heard you can still have cramps on successful cycles which is due to implantation which occurs between 6-12 dpo (although I have read somewhere that it's more likely AF if it's on 11 dpo or after). So no need to give up entirely yet. Many women don't get a BFP until days after AF was due, sometimes even up to 1 week after or in some cases, even later.

If AF does show, it'd probably be best to not have your hopes high every month and convince yourself you're pregnant each time, that'll lead to TTC burnout pretty quickly. It can take a normal, perfectly fertile couple up to 1 year to conceive with the average being 6-8 months. Anyone that conceives under 3-4 months of trying is one of the very lucky few. You have a 15-20% chance each month even if you time things right. So in case it takes a while, avoid symptom spotting until around 9-10 dpo and don't get too excited every time you feel something.

This is coming from a woman who's been TTCing for 1½ years and is starting on her 4th IUI.

I honestly get really upset when AF comes. If I test before she's due then I end up seeing lines that aren't really there which makes things that much worst when AF comes.

I don't test until AF is due. Its an emotional rollercoaster to be honest but after my period is done then I usually bounce back and start attacking hubby again. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->