First month using OV tests and need advice!- Updated with pic!

KittyMcKeen

Reaction score
I ordered some cheapeys from Amazon and while the instructions are clear on how and when to use them, what I am wondering is- according to my cycle I'll be in my fertile week as of 17th and was going to use my first test then but I couldn't resist! If you use them everyday in your fertile week do they gradually get darker the closer you are to ovulating? There is a faint but clear second line which is darker than the one I got yesterday.

So much for my fiancé saying we'll just be more NTNP than TTC!:haha:

Photo was taken at the recommended read time of 5 minutes and it got darker and pinker at the time limit of 10 min.

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 16
i always have a very faint line but they do get darker leading upto ov :)

i just done ones of these test's have a look at mine someone just told me mine is a positive so have a look x :)

Lol, I was literaly just looking at yours! I did another one this afternoon and it came up just as dark but a little bit quicker. I hadn't expected to see anything yet since I'm not due to O for another 6 days, I'd have thought it would have been much more faint!

I'm dying to do another one, hehe

Lol, I was literaly just looking at yours! I did another one this afternoon and it came up just as dark but a little bit quicker. I hadn't expected to see anything yet since I'm not due to O for another 6 days, I'd have thought it would have been much more faint!

I'm dying to do another one, hehe

i've just done another test i will put a pic up on mine in a sec so have a look so my 1st test today was done at 1pm now its 4.30ishpm lol :) x

they are only positive when the test line is the same or darker than control mine were like that in my firs t month didnt go positive at all but the second time i got a massive bfp positive :) keep going ul get there :)

I have been doing 2 or 3 a day just to see how they change throughout the day. Plus if you know you will be coming up on ovulation I think it's better to do a few a day just so you know you have ovulated. There have been a few women that had an almost pos in the am, a pos by the evening, and a neg the next am. If you only took one a day you might go from a negative to a negative and never know you had actually ovulated in between :)

Missalissa is right, it's always good to know what a positive and negative looks like for you, the line on your current test is something like what I get all month besides when I'm going to ovulate. Just before I get my surge my tests will be almost positive, sometimes they will even be what is considered positive (test line is as dark as control line) but a positive for ME is always waayy darker than the control line, usually that is the night before I get my strong positive and they will be back down to the technical positive the next day and negative by that next evening. Sorry this post is so long! Good Luck and keep testing :dust:

Thanks everyone! I took another one after being up for a few hours and it's a lot darker, probably only a shade or 2 lighter than the test line. Unfortunately I'm working until 8 tonight so I won't be able to do another until much later!

Managed to add a pic

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
mines just like that darlin .
its the first test iv ever taken
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/test5n.jpg/

that a pik of it mine is a shade or two lighter aswell does it mean we are ovulating or going to ov?x

Took one tonight after my work and it's definitely positive! The test line is quite a bit darker than the control line. Is it unusual to O earlier than expected? I hadn't expected a test to be a clear positive until Friday/Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->