First period after coming off the pill? (newbie!)

ZoeZo

Proper TTC Cycle 2011 #1
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post, I came off the pill last month, had the normal 'bleed' and today is 28 days since. (been on the pill for over 10 years, and was pretty regular in my few teenage years before taking the pill)

I have been feeling period cramps and tired but so far no show! I know I'm probably being impatient, but CM seems to have followed the right pattern during the last four weeks (had clear slippy CM what I'd expect to be mid cycle/ovulation) only had unprotected sex once in the very first week so I am sure its not pregnacy!

Just wanted to hear how long it took before you all had periods, I just want to feel 'normal' and have a period when due if that makes sense!

Zoe
x

I came off the pill in sept and my cycle has varied from 28days - 32 days which also includes 'mini-bleeds' during these times.

Not fair is it!

I came off the pill in sept and my cycle has varied from 28days - 32 days which also includes 'mini-bleeds' during these times.

Not fair is it!

What do you mean by 'mini' bleeds babe? I came off of the pill in September too, and didnt have a period until the end of November - and that lasted 2 days (tmi - one day of meduim flow, and then spotting for 1 day).

I came off the pill October 1st or so - had a withdrawl bleed. first
real period" November 6th, second real period December 9th - i am averaging 35 day cycles but i have been having regular periods since going off so I am glad to know my parts are working correctly! Now i just have to figure out when i ovulate which is the next adventure

warning - going offf the pill, getting "real" periods, etc is a whole new adventure LOL i had no clue what i was in for!!! but im glad to be off of it. we are WTT not TTC but regardless i wanted to get off of it and detox from it

Its bloody irritating! I'm just being impatient, I'm sure the more I will it to happen the more its putting it off!

Zoe

I suppose it was like spotting but more heavy (had to wear a tampon) but wasnt a full blown period. Maybe 2days of it max in the middle of my cycle.

Took me 6 weeks to get a period after the initial withdrawl bleed after stopping the pill, and that first period was only about 2-3 days. Next cycle was 8 weeks, and the next was 6. This one is looking like it will be 6 also, so I think I might be settling into a consistent (but long!) cycle. Everyone is different though, some people take a really long time to get regular periods back and others are regular right away. I was on various types of birth control for 10 years, so that might have something to do with it. Hope you get yours soon!

I went off the pill in October to let my body do it's own thing. Got a normal period after a 27 day cycle and this month WOAH! Had a 35 day cycle and then only had a very very light period for 2 days. I've had 2 BFNs but am still kind of wondering if I might be pregnant...? Any thoughts?!

I took my last pill on Oct 17 and started my withdrawl bleed on October 22. Since then, no AF. I am now on cd 56. I also had cramping around the time the :witch: should have shown in November and had more cm than usual. My dr. said there is no "normal" when it comes to going off the pill...I just wish the :witch: would go ahead and come so that we can get on with TTC!

Good luck to you! I hope you find the answers you're looking for!

I came off the pill after years and years at the end of June - had pretty much 27/28 day cycles ever since - no bleeding in between!

I think you'll find AF will appear soon if you are cramping, but don't panic it can take a while to regulate your cycles

Took my last pill the first week of August and first AF didn't arrive until Dec 15th (DH's birthday, poor guy). It's crazy because it's different for everyone, I was only on the pill for 4 months and then when I stopped it's taken 4 months to finally have AF. It's nice to know that things are finally getting back to normal. And BTW, there were quite a few times during the 4 months that I got period like cramping but nothing more than that. Good luck, hope she visits soon!!

I took my last pill on 8-13 and had to take provera to bring on AF, that was 10-29 and still I have nothing yet. I am TTC and wish I had taken time to get off the pill before I was TTC because I am on CD 50 with no sign of O (well i have signs but they don't pan out).

Thanks for all your replies, its nice to hear other peoples experiences and that it can differ so much, so not to panic if things don't happen exactly as they 'should' straight away
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->