First period after MC lasted only 3 days...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
...is this normal?

My periods always come on like clockwork. I spot for the first day and then it becomes heavier the next day with bad cramps and clots. I typically bleed for about 6-7 days, usually heavy for a couple days and then the bleeding gradually gets lighter to only spotting by the last day. I've had 2 births, 2 D&Cs and now 1 natural mc and nothing ever seems to change them. Even after my D&Cs my first periods still lasted the full week, albeit one had lighter bleeding and the other was super heavy with lots of clots.

I mc'd on 07/12 but the bleeding didn't stop completely until 07/16. By then my pregnancy tests were already negative. Exactly 21 days later I had what I thought was my period. I was never so happy to get a period since I was waiting for it to come before TTC again.

However, this was a very unusual period. I had no cramps whatsoever and didn't even need to take ibuprofen for pain. The bleeding at its heaviest was only like a medium flow, no clots or anything. It has now been 3 days and my bleeding is already stopping.

My first thought was that maybe the mc cleaned my uterus out and I didn't have much left to bleed. My second thought was that I could possibly be pregnant again, especially since my DH had a few "accidents" the week leading up to my period. Is it possible I could have ovulated that late though? If I did, I probably wouldn't get a positive test until a couple weeks from now at least.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->