first post, first time ttc, completley overwhelmed. nice to meet you <3

barasti

Reaction score
dear forum,
my name is alli, i'm new here. my man and I have recently decided to start trying for a bubba - and I can safely say i'm a n00b at the entire world of ttc, OPP, ABC, every other acronym, and pregnancy!!!

It seems every page I come across is more complicated and stressful than the last. charting? basal temps? chemical pregnancies? PCOS? egg white mucas? missionary position? Man, this is all so much to digest.

Of course I want the best for my potential baby, and I've been to a gyno who cleared me for babymaking duties, but I am just really apprehensive and confused. I figured alot of sexy time would sort me out, but it's alot more than that, isn't it?

I have gotten as far as ovulation this month, I can't be exactly sure when, but I had the EGG WHITES (love that!!) on the 23rd/24th of this month. Considering I only came off Yasmin on the 6th, I am hoping that i've actually ovulated this month, but that remains to be seen, I guess. Was on the pill for 10 years so who knows what shape ye olde womb is in.

Anyway, hope you're all well and just wanted to join the wonderful world of finding out everything you need to know off the internet, not your mum.

<3 alli

Hey hun welcome! :wave:

This should help you on ur way :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Hey, thanks :) I've bookmarked that lingo page... something tells me i'll be referencing it quite a bit!!

hello there! i think im about the same place in my cylce as you!

i remember that feeling of being totally lost when i first came on here but its so addictive and the ladies are soooo lovely that i have never left!

i too had no clue when i we started ttc last august, but lucky old me just had lots of fun with darling hubby (DH - for future ref!) and fell pregnant (PG - hehe) first month!

now our little man is 8 months and we are on our 3rd month ttc for numer 2!

so welcome!

welcome to BnB is great here once you get the hand of the lingo it will be alot less overwhelming lol x

hey helen, thanks for the welcome :) it's already feeling somewhat addictive, it's like I can't get enough information, and honestly, forums are such a good way to get it. Congrats on your pregnancy straight off the bat, this is my first time ever and i'm already mega impatient, 3 days past ovulation and i'm like "right im gonna test now"... just in case! haha!

Good luck with all the BD'ing (yes i'm on top of it now! lingo that is, not dh. unfortunately that's not conducive to actually getting pregnant. or so the internet tells me. dammit!!!)

Hey Ms Zoe!!! :) Good to be here, i'm getting the hang of it I think!!

Hi hun, welcome to bnb!!

Best of luck to you and lots of babydust!

You will actually learn everything a lot faster than you think.. when I first joined I took one look and was like 'eeek!!' but I soon learnt. :)

If at all in doubt, just ask... we're a lovely bunch!

xxx

Cheers Lyrah :)
Congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due?

Thank you! I am due July 30th 2010 :D

Hopefully you can come on over with me in first tri soon ;)

xxx

Hi hun and welcome!

I joined about a week ago and I am so much more up to speed than I was before (might even have pegged and ovulation!!)

Everyone here is so helpful, and having a look through the other posts, journals and charts is very helpful. its the education that every woman should get lol

welcome again, and fx'ed for a BFP soon!! x

Hi Kirsten. Thank you :), and congrats of making sense of it all!! Might go have a nosey and these journals you speak of...!

Welcome Alli!! BnB will be second nature soon! I hope your stay is lovely. The lingo is easy once you read it a couple days, and what you don't get just ask, the ladies are wonderful!!

:Dust: to you and may your stay in TTC be short and sweet!!

Why thankyou, StonesWife :D So far so good, it's really nice to find a place where everyone is in the same boat, you know? So often you think you're on your own.... until you stumble upon this place and POW! Everyone knows exactly how you're feeling :)

Thanks for the well wishes, and yes= hopefully a short stay in the TTC forum hehe!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->