First post - Generic sticks vs. CB advanced OPK question

Nodrama

Reaction score
Hi all, I just joined and this is my first post! I'm sorry if I don't use all the acronyms, I'm still learning them :).

DH and I are on our 3rd month of TTC with #1. I've been varying from 27-29 day cycles and started using OPKs on CD8. The CB advanced showed empty circle for awhile and then a solid smiley on CD13 (no flashing days). I also have been using the generic test strips off Amazon (at different times of the same days as CB advanced, but not along side CB) and have gotten all negatives. I'm on CD15 now and have noticed EWCM more in the last 24 hours than I did on the "positive" CD13.

Have I likely O'd or would the CB give me a false positive? I did test CD14 (even though they say not to do past your solid smiley) and that showed a flashing smiley.

Ugh, I'm confused... thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Hi all, I just joined and this is my first post! I'm sorry if I don't use all the acronyms, I'm still learning them :).

DH and I are on our 3rd month of TTC with #1. I've been varying from 27-29 day cycles and started using OPKs on CD8. The CB advanced showed empty circle for awhile and then a solid smiley on CD13 (no flashing days). I also have been using the generic test strips off Amazon (at different times of the same days as CB advanced, but not along side CB) and have gotten all negatives. I'm on CD15 now and have noticed EWCM more in the last 24 hours than I did on the "positive" CD13.

Have I likely O'd or would the CB give me a false positive? I did test CD14 (even though they say not to do past your solid smiley) and that showed a flashing smiley.

Ugh, I'm confused... thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Hello and welcome! I have not used digital OPKs myself, but have used plenty of the generic strips. My understanding is that ovulation occurs 12hrs to up to 72hrs AFTER a positive OPK result. Have you still got watery/eggwhite CM (fertile)? If not and your CM is now "not as fertile" my guess would be that your OPK on CD 13 WAS a real positive and that you ovulated right around CD 14/15. Some ladies have a longer LH surge and get more than one positive OPK and others have a very short surge that might even be missed if they don't test at the right time. I've been trying to find out if there is such a thing as a "false positive" with OPK strips, but it really doesn't make sense that there could be to me. I hope that this helps :)

~LilacPetal~

I got a false smiley from a cb digi- the dye had run.
The cheapies have always worked a treat for me and been very realiable. Just my experience.

Thank you! My CM I'd still consider EW but maybe less than the last day or so (on CD16 now). I've continued to test with the generic strips and am now just seeing a faint "test" line, still not positive. I also used another digi strip on the same reader yesterday and got a solid smiley (so went from solid, flashing, solid in 3 consecutive days).

I guess I'll keep testing with the generic strips and see if I get a true positive in the next few days!

What the heck... I received positives on the generic OPK strips last night and this morning. SO either I surged twice or the digital was just way off. Think I'll stick to the strips, I like seeing a test value next to a control value. Probably didn't get the timing right to get a BFP now... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->