First post here--need help with test kits! :)

jennifer.lee

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I'm Jennifer, and as my post title says, this is my first post here. I'm brand new to using ovulation test kits, too, and I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting them.

Can anybody tell me if I am ovulating or not? If not, what would I be looking for? It's hard to tell what "both lines are nearly the same color" actually is.

Thanks in advance!

https://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff427/anna_banana_ss/23d86007-5642-4f27-af7c-7f96b849865b_zps5bb6338f.jpg

Iv never seen them tests before first looked and thought they were First response :lol:

But anyway,,

The test line just needs to be the same colour as the control line or darker..
Your last one looks nearly there if not there depends what you think in real life if
it looks the same as the control line then i would say its a positive.. its really hard some
times when looking at a photo thats why i use clear blue digital ones now

looking again i think tomorrow it might be the same as control line as it looks nearly
the same but i think its really really close!

Your last one looks almost there, when mine look like that I usually get a + within 6 hours or so. Good luck :)

Thanks for the replies!

So I took that last test around 4 PM yesterday. The left line is thinner than the right, but they look to be about the same color. I didn't test last night, as I really didn't know to (but will next time!).

I tested today and there is NO left like at all. Just the right like. So do you guys think I maybe ovulated last night AFTER the 4 PM test was taken?

Can we edit posts, by the way? I can't seem to find that function.

I just wanted to add that my cycle began February 28, so that last test in my picture is day 19. That seems so late to me...

If there is no line at all now, you probably did surge. My OPKs are only a strong positive for about 12 hours. However, you don't ovulate right when you get that surge, you ovulate 12-48 hours after that first surge. No way to tell for sure though unless you temp (which I don't - I work part time third shift so I think it's impossible!)

Thanks again for replying!

Your post was really helpful, and I apologize for so many questions. :blush:

So you think it's possible I would have gotten a positive LAST night and would be in my 12-24 hour period now? Even with no left line?

Yep!

Surge is over by the time you ov... :D

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom