First Pregnancy, 5w2d, how should I be feeling?

runner311

Reaction score
Today I am 5w2d and don't feel that much different other than sore boobs. I am tired on and off but don't really feel that I have many symptoms which is worrisome to me.

This will be my first child and I don't have my first appointment with the doctor until 7 weeks, so 2 weeks from today. I am really nervous that they won't see anything on the scan since I don't have many symptoms. I am reminded from many that I am lucky to not have many symptoms but I wish I did so that it gave me some reassurance.

Anyone have any advice on what I should be experiencing? I know everyone is different but just curious what everyone else is feeling.

Have no idea what to expect since I have never been pregnant before.

Advice?

I had sore boobs and exhaustion and a bit of nausea on off and that's it.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry.

xxx

There is no 'should be feeling' - everyone is different! :hugs:

With my DD I had sore boobs and little else by way of symptoms. This time a lot more nausea and food aversion, and I was really grumpy for a few weeks.

Try not to worry, it's very early days so you might get some symptoms later on, or you might be lucky and get none at all! :flower:

Sore boobs and the tiredness are huge pregnancy symptoms...not to mention the missed period.

There is not way you "should" feel.

I haven't had sore boobs, I was not ever sick, no back or side pain.

If you read through a list of symptoms you may a have a moment of "ohhhh that explains it".

I wouldn't put weight on symptoms because there are plenty of stories of women who don't realize they are pregnant, those that just dont experience symptoms at all, those that dont experience anything until 8 weeks, and symptoms come and go. If you worry about symptoms and for a week you get a break away you may go insane with worry for no reason.

So at this point...hang on tight because there may just come a moment when BAM symptoms have arrived.

:hugs:

I agree. You are lucky you have sore boobs which tells you, you are pregnant. With my first pregnancy it was the only symptom until about 8 weeks and with my second and my current one I have no symptoms. I think second time around I had a bit of nausea at the end of first trimester but this about it. Go on TWW board and you will see people having masses of "pregnancy symptoms" from ovulation onwards were in fact it turns out they are not even pregnant but had their fantasy play along.

I agree with the other girls totally...there really isn't a 'should be' list of symptoms as each person and pregnancy is different. With my 1st I felt great! I don't even think I had sore bb's! The only thing I had a bit more of were headaches and those came and went. My second I had a little more nausea around the 6-8 week period but nothing too terrible, headaches and fatigue...this time I was CRAZY emotional at 4-5 weeks, tired and grumpy weeks 5-6 and from week 6 until now I have had MAJOR food aversions, all day nausea, insane fatigue and very sore bb's. So for me, each has been very different and my symptoms seem to be getting worse with each pregnancy!

I feel tiered but it is very difficult to say - is it because I have a 15 month old who still not sleeping through the night and loads of homework with my older child plus business traveling or is it because I am pregnant? I have headaches occasionally but again I am jetleged from my recent trip. Today at the meeting I accidentally swallowed my chewing gum, have horroble minty feeling in my stomach and now feel nauseous Go figure...

I am exactly that far along as well and I have exactly the same symptoms: very sore breasts and tired (but not even that tired). I was worrying yesterday about feeling good--how neurotic is that?! All of which is to say, I'm with you on this one!

I didn't have any symptoms at all. My boobs didn't hurt or anything. I went for a scan to see if there were any abnormalities in my uterus due to previous miscarriage and there it was a yolk sac etc, making me 5 weeks pregnant. So I had no idea I was even pregnant I had that little symptoms!

I think it hit at around 5w4d, sickness tonnes of it all day long and though it's a reassurance it's also not. As I know lots of women that have lots of symptoms and still miscarry. My advice to you is, enjoy it, your body is not telling you something's wrong, it's just dealing with things. Try and relax, easier said than done I know but you've got a little bean in there and the more you relax the quicker the time will go by and you'll have appointments and scans before you know it xxx

I felt the exact same at 5 weeks, then at 6 weeks, the symptoms really start to hit. so don't worry, it's probably still to early. Good luck X

I'm also 5+2 today!! I have the same symptoms as you - sore-ish boobs & very tired from time to time! I thought nausea was setting in around lunch the last two days but I was fine today...I am also a nervous wreck so I think it's totally normal. I got for my first scan next Friday.

Good luck to you!

I didn't have any symptoms until almost 7 weeks. Saw a heartbeat at 6+1 and have another scan in one week.

At 5 weeks I only had slightly sore boobs on the outside, which led me to testing because that wasn't normal for me. A week or 2 later my symptoms came full force. Absolutely no mercy on me. Boobs hurt so bad I couldn't hug or lay on stomach, exhaustion that would have me fall asleep while walking! Nausea that would make me cry myself to sleep. Vomiting came a little later and was torture on my throat and stomach muscles. I couldn't stand OH cologne anymore. It was horrible, I was worried about my lack of symptoms and when I finally got them I wanted them gone.
But everyone is different. If you're lucky, you'll only have sore boobs as a symptom

I'm still in my 5th week. I had cramping & mild nausea around implantation (11dpo) for a few days. Yesterday (14dpo) the nausea was very much improved but I still get it a little around breakfast time. My boobs have hurt the entire time but only if I press them, which I do far too much to make sure I am still pregnant, of course!

I've found it reassuring to have the symptoms, except on occasion the mild cramping I get scares me. My BBT appears to be hovering around the same point now so I'm assuming that means that the hormones have stabilised.

Now we will see what the rest of pregnancy brings...

I am 7 weeks and I wouldn't have found our I was pregnant if I hadn't missed a period. No symptoms at all. This is my second and even with my first the only thing I felt was sore boobs, but not this time. Consider yourself lucky :) I couldn't imagine having to work feeling awful and sick!

Thanks so much for all the responses... makes me feel a lot better!

Its been a long journey for my husband and I. Took us 2 full years to get pregnant and I just get nervous that something will take that away from us. I am excited dont get me wrong but I will feel better once I have my first scan. Only 2 weeks and I am sure it will fly by but can't wait!

Thanks so much for the support!!!!

Im 5wks amd this is my 3rd preganacy. The first 2 were easy, no tiredness or moring sickness, this time round im exhused from the moment i wake up, have a my first bit of morning sickness, so there is no usuall sign of how you are feeling, just go with the flow and feel lucky that you dont have morning sickness lol

I feel the same too! I'm almost scared to believe I'm really pregnant! I had two previous losses and this is the farthest along I've gotten at 5 weeks +1. I have my first scan on Halloween, October 31st and I will be exactly 6 weeks. I'm so terrified we won't see anything or there will be no heartbeat!
As for symptoms, I have the mood swings for sure, cramping and fatigue, but no boob related anything!! That part is making me extremely nervous. With my last pregnancy I had swollen, sore breasts with blue veins all over and this time, father along, and with a much higher HCG, no swelling or soreness or veins. NOTHING! It's driving me a little crazy, lol :wacko:.

I'm telling myself I need to stay off google :dohh: and just try and get through these terrifying weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->