First Pregnancy Concerns!

SEPP

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I found out I was pregnant on Dec 6th, a couple days before AF due to being extremely tired and having weird dreams. The line came up right away and my husband and I were so excited! A couple days later I was having some concerning cramping so I went to the ER. The hospital was surprised I already knew I was pregnant, due to the start of my LMP being on November 11th, that would have made me super early. The doctor said he would take my hcg levels, and if high enough they would do an u/s to rule out ectopic pregnancy, but because I was so early on he didnt expect my levels to be high enough. 45 mins later they come back and say my levels were high enough to try an u/s. I dont believe they were able to see anything through a regular u/s so they did a vaginal u/s and located the gestational sac. The sac measured almost a week ahead of what I should of been. Fast forward to Wednesday and I have almost unbearable sharp pain, they did another ultrasound and found that I have a complex cyst on my right ovary, and they also measured the sac again which measured to slightly over 5 weeks, and my hcg levels were 5600. Based on my LMP on Wednesday I should have only been 4 weeks & 2 days. My main questions are, if the gestational sac and my hcg range are measuring a week ahead, how is that possible? I know my last LMP was Nov 11 because I mark it every month and it was a heavy 5 day cycle. Secondly, has anyone had a complex cyst while they were pregnant?

Edit: I accidentally said I would have been 4 weeks & 2 days on Wednesday but I would have been 4 weeks & 5 days based on LMP. But, the sac measured a few days over 5 weeks plus hcg levels in 5 week range.

My HCG levels measured a week ahead of my conception date. I read that sometimes it can be the sign of twins or a girl, which is what I'm expecting. I also had very sharp pains up until the 5th week, so I can't even imagine what that would feel like with a cyst. I thought for sure that I was going to miscarry.

The sharp pain could have been round ligament pain. It's sharp, unexpected and HURTS! I have enlarged ovaries at the moment from IVF, and my ovaries and many, many follicles cause me some pain and discomfort from time to time. But the cramping and sharp pain are familiar since I had them with my son.

It's always good to go get checked! If you're worried, go get checked.

As for your dates. You could have O'd way early. I naturally O around cd11. And unless you did some type of fertility treatment, it's highly unlikely you know the exact day of conception (when sperm met egg). A few days, and esp a week, makes a HUGE difference in these early days.

If the doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. My hcg levels during week 5 were around 4,000 with this pregnancy. With my son, they were 13,000 at 5w2d and 24,000 at 5w4d. Very, very high. So either just a fluke, or he was conceived earlier than we think (and he was born almost 3 weeks early natually lol). Pregnancy is a mystery, and doctors give their best guess at times. Hang in there. 1st tri is crazy, 2nd tri is much better. :hugs:

That doesn't sound strange to me at all. Don't worry. You should know, however, that you'll experience lots of pains and pangs and pulling and light cramping and all sorts of symptoms throughout you're pregnancy. Keep getting checked out, just in case, until you figure out what's normal for you and what isn't (ovary pain is very normal for me. So is pink spotting.) A sac will vary in size. You'll be able to see the little embryo in about a week. That measurement will tell you a lot more about the pregnancy. Good luck!!

Obviously I'm not you and not experiencing your pain--I have issues with cysts and painful ovulation each month, but not usually at other times. Keep in mind that your follicle in your ovary is what is providing the hormones for your pregnancy through first tri, so don't be too angry with your ovary.

Also, cramping is very common in early pregnancy. With my first, I was cramping for three days and so upset because I thought my period was coming... But it never did, so I took a test and was pregnant! This time around I've been cramping for over two weeks again. I don't rem how long I had the feeling in my first pregnancy because there are so many small aches and pains. Cramps, round ligament pain, back pain, even carpal tunnel! Dang pregnancy. Do what you have to in order to feel at peace but try not to worry too much.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->