First pregnancy with IC ~ Charlotte Mae 2/16/2011 ~ Lawyer update pg 7

I just am lost for words..... I am so sorry that this happened, your daughter is beautiful. I can't believe the treatment that you suffered, its just awful.

Massive higs to you xxxxxxxxx

ohh sweetie what an awful experience...
gorgeous little girl..
xx

Im so so sorry what an awful ordeal, the hosp do not sound like they supported you nearly enough darl, god bless you beautiful angel xxx

Just read through this. What a horrific time you went through :(

I pray that you are never treated like that again!!

Your daughter is absolutely stunning, and a beautiful little angel now.

Thoughts are with you and your family. :( xxxx

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your story made me cry.
Your treatment at the hospital is appalling and you should complain.
Charlotte is beautiful. xx Sleep Sweetly Angel xx

I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful daughter Charlotte and at the shocking treatment you recieved by the hospital (((hugs))).

I know from my experience when I lost Billy I blamed myself (wrongly) now nearly two years on I know it was nothing I did or didn't do - it was that terrible phrase 'one of those things'. I did all I could to have a healthy pregnancy with Billy and yet my waters went suddenly without any warning (and I am not in any of the high risk factor categories) at 20.6 weeks after a fab pregnancy. Feeling guilty is part of grief but having read your story you have NOTHING to feel guilty about.

Sending huge hugs x

HI there hun, have just posted a reply to you over in gestational complications. There is hope sweet x

so sorry to hear of your loss and how you was treated at such a heartbreaking time. Thinking of you and your Dh, fly high Charlotte Mae, sweet dreams darling!

fairydreams :flower:

Im lurking. Just read your story. Your daughter is so beautiful. You said it with such meaning. It wasnt long, it was well written. I am sad for your loss. I am especially sad about the nurses, dr and staffs ignorance and total dumbness. You deserved better.:hugs:

Oh my goodness, you have been through so much heartache. Your daughter is beautiful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you xx

Thank you ladies for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers! I am so glad I have somewhere to go that is so supportive and to have women who understand what I am going through.
Also I'd like to say how sorry I am that any of us have had to go through this. Sometimes I feel like God ripped my heart out and stomped all over it but I understand that there is a greater reason than I will never understand on why he picked our little angels.

Here is how my appointment today went (it's a little long):

the autopsy came back already and it showed the reason I went into labor was because I had an infection. Charlotte developed an infection in her lungs from the infected amnio fluid, the actual cause of death for her was pneumonia. Poor baby girl. Everything about her was perfect from her inner organs to her tiny fingers and toes. I asked the doctor why I was not given something to prevent an infection when they knew my sac was exposed. The doctor replied saying there isn’t much information on giving a preventative antibiotic that early.

I then asked her why I wasn’t offered the 17P injections (progesterone shots) and she replied saying that I was not a candidate at that time. Then she went on to explain how difficult it is to get insurance companies to cover it. Well I just happen to do some research and blue cross blue shield supposedly reimburses for the shots (of course I’d have to call BCBS to make sure that’s accurate) but even if they didn’t my daughter is worth the cost of the shots.

I asked her why I wasn’t checked again before 17 weeks when they knew at 10 weeks that my cervix was short and that it might be a problem. She explained that she was just following what the ultrasound lady (who is also an OB) said to do. She was like I’d have to look at the ultrasound report again but I’m pretty sure it said check again at 16/17 weeks. I then asked why they would wait that long if it was getting to the point where it was too late. The literature I have been reading on the cerclage is that it is best to have it done at 12-15 weeks. I also read that it usually becomes a problem (like dilating) at around 17 weeks and up. She just kind of repeated about her following her instructions and then went on about it they popped the sac then I wouldn’t have a chance to making it to a viable date. I understand that and I understood that when we were talking about it being an option at the Grand Rapids Hospital and guess what I agreed to it because I was told that I would lose the baby if I didn’t get it done and guess what I did. Plus my point was that there was a point where they could have found it and given me the cerclage before I was dilated 2cm.

I went on to ask her about the prostaglandins in semen that can cause the cervix to thin and dilate. She said that it was not a problem and wouldn’t have caused this. So I told her how that my sister thought that might be why she had one of her babies early and she is certain that is why she went into labor with the other 3 and the doctor was like well it has happened but it is very unlikely and there is usually an underlining problem that the prostaglandins or sex just pushed over the edge. So…if I already had a soft, weakened, incompetent cervix wouldn’t that be an underlining issue? I think so. I didn’t say that part to her although in hind sight I should have. I definitely think we should have been told to abstain for that particular activity until further notice.

I didn’t ask why the douch bag of a doctor had to dig my placenta out because she made a comment in the beginning about how she hadn’t read the file from that day (which mom thinks is a stall tactic). At my next appointment I’m going to ask her because I am pretty sure it was on its way out naturally. I have read about forcing the placenta out and it can cause hemorrhaging and other problem especially it a piece gets left behind.

I am irritated that we didn’t get a few moments together as a family without being asked 20 questions, poked several times trying to get the IV in, or having my placenta dug out. I feel robbed on many levels. I didn’t get to have a normal, full pregnancy and I never will have a normal pregnancy. I didn’t get to have the excited announcement “It’s a girl” and I planned on buying a cute daddy’s girl outfit for David after we were told for sure. Which by the way we were told for sure in the autopsy, I was worried since they had trouble being able to tell. I thought the doctor was just saying it was girl because we told him that’s what we were told. I really didn’t want to give her a girl name and have it be a boy.

I can’t help wondering if those morons had given me preventative antibiotics that I might have made it to at least 24 weeks. It so weird to me because I feel like everything is laid out just so for a reason. Like my crazy cycles, my early ultrasound, etc but yet I wonder why God laid those out just to put me on a path with doctors who would fail to do anything. I have learned a lot but it hurts when I know what it cost me to learn these lessons. I will never have the same trust of a doctor and will probably have detailed consultations with any doctor I go to in the future.

The doctor was like well this usually isn’t caught this early. I know that and honestly it wasn't “caught” just observed. She didn’t say this in these words but she might as well and this is the general idea of what she said: that they wouldn’t do anything because they don’t want to classify it as incompetent cervix until I lose the baby. Again not her exact words but that’s basically her defense.

:hugs: :hugs:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful daughter with us :cloud9:

I am so sorry about how you have been treated - read your update and what a load of BULL from the doctor :growlmad: she 'hadn't read the notes' from the day that your baby died :nope: total stall tactic.

I hope the next bit of time passes as gently as possible for you, and I think that you need to get more answers once you feel a little stronger.

Big hugs to you and Charlotte's daddy - fly high Princess :kiss::hugs:

:hugs: I'm sorry for you and Charlotte. IC is a terrible way to lose a baby. Please PM me if I can help in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->