First Puree's - What did you try?

What were the first puree's you tried when weaning?

I thought for the first two id try one sweet one savoury so we're going for apple and sweet potato ... obviously not together :rofl:

What did you find went down well with your LO's?

Erm, well you say that. I once bought an Ella's kitchen one which was something like, blueberry, sweet potato, prunes and peas... wtf?! lol

I started Grace with First bolagnese and cottage pie x

We just bought a few different Veg to start, parsnip, sweet potatoe, broccilli, cauliflour, turnip, carrot.

I just spent a whole afternoon making single veg puree's, i then froze them in ice cube trays, veg keeps for 6 mnths. I then just had to defrost/thaw what i needed and had no waste.

I tried him on veg for the first couple of weeks, once i knew what he liked i started to mix 2-3 veg together. and then gradually added fruit puree's for desert, i also added fruit to his cereal and a little yoghurt as well.

You can even do the same for meat when your lil one is ready. mixing it with the veg, also fish like cod with mash and veg. fish and meat keep for four months.

As Charlie ate larger portions i just thawed more cubes. I just sorted out his meals for the day the night before and put them in tubs to thaw in the fridge.

I just got into the routine of an afternoon in the kitchen every fortnight.

I just used an electric steamer and hand held blender.

Great time and waste saver.

David has had sweet potatoes, squash, and applesauce. He loves them all, but applesauce is the clear winner -- I think he would dunk his whole head in the bowl if he could!

Thomas has only had baby rice so far (started him on it over a week ago) so thought I'd try carrot today so I followed the book I'd got which said boil the carrots then mash them with a fork - which I did. Then it said mash them through a sieve. But when I tried that nothing would go through the sieve - jut a bit of water! What am I doing wrong???

Carrott, apple, sweet potatoe from what i can remember...i just made it all at home with a blender. I got most of my tips for annabel karmel books...they are great x

Carrott, apple, sweet potatoe from what i can remember...i just made it all at home with a blender. I got most of my tips for annabel karmel books...they are great x

Think I might have to check out her books!

Thomas has only had baby rice so far (started him on it over a week ago) so thought I'd try carrot today so I followed the book I'd got which said boil the carrots then mash them with a fork - which I did. Then it said mash them through a sieve. But when I tried that nothing would go through the sieve - jut a bit of water! What am I doing wrong???

Its much easier to blend them, hun :)

Annabel Karmels books are good for recipies, tips and advice. Of course BnB is too!! :)

AJ has had quite a range so far...
carrot, sweet potato, potato, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, turnip(sweede), apple, melon - white and orange (?), banana.
I'm making apple, pear and peaches tonight!

I've started giving Seren carrot and sweet potatos for the moment.
Also have some broccoli lined up for her aswell!
I've loads of frozen portions which I made up fresh for her yesterday, but instead of freezing the meals, I freeze the veg seperate, so I can mix and match the meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->