First Response Digital Test

amare21

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone has tried to use the First Response Digital Ovulation Test. The one I purchased is the one that either says Yes+ or No-
I have two concerns with this test so if anyone has ever used it, any insight would be greatly appreciated. The first day of my last period was 1/20/2018, which means that I should be ovulating around the 4th of Feb. (16 days after first day of last period). Today is the 5th and my test is still reading as NO-. Does this seem right? I am just hoping I didn't purchase a faulty test.
Also, once the test does show YES+, do you start to trying immediately? On the box is says once you see a YES+, to try 24-36 hours later but that seems very weary as if I am testing once a day (as stated on the box), how do you know exactly when that time frame is. For example, you can test in the morning and get a NO, and then 10 hours later, the ovulation can start, yet I wouldn't test until the next day.
If anyone has ever used this test and had success, I would love if you could share your experience!

I've not used those particular digital ovulation tests, but I do use OPKs (ovulation predictor kits) to help predict my cycle. You are right that you could miss your LH surge if you only test once a day. Some ladies test 2 or 3 times a day because of that, I still only do once. My reasoning for that is because you have to really limit drinking water 2-4 hours before to get a good result so you don't dilute your urine. If I am doing OPKs 2 or 3 times in a day, over the course of a week, with 2-3 hour liquid holds each time, then that's gonna lead to dehydration. You also are not supposed to test with first morning urine. You will get your best results with your second or third urine sample of the day, sometime after 10AM, after a 2-4 hour liquid hold. Once you get your positive, don't wait for 24 hours! Get busy right away! Once I get a +OPK, me and hubs try to BD that day, the next day, and the day after to cover all our bases. If you're not sure of when you ovulate in your cycle, I'd also recommend BD'ing every other day up until you get a +OPK just so you don't miss by accident. For more info look up the SMEP fertility method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->