First Response Fertility Test for Women

Mrs_B_Rabbit

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the First Response Fertility Test for Women? Any thoughts on it? I'm slightly curious and it states to take it on cd3 I believe so I'm assuming you need to make sure your pinpointing right?
:shrug:

Link if you're not sure what I'm talking about https://www.firstresponse.com/fertilitytest.asp

Wow! I didn't even know that existed! I'm now curious if anyone has tried this too.

I see these in the stores,granted they are pricey but I'm curious too about it!!!!

I don't remember seeing these around when it took me 5yrs ttc #2 cuz I totally would have tried it then!

Why not ask the Dr to draw an FSH ? I know a blood draw FSH is accurate, i have my doubts about a urine test

It would have to be done on CD3 because thats when the FSH level is drawn. a high CD3 FSH is indicative of a low ovarian reserve. According to them a positive test is more likely to show a high FSH, That seems confusing looking at the pamphlet, like OPK results lol

I took it and I'm not sure I would advise anyone else take it. So a line LIGHTER than the control or no line is good but a line AS DARK or DARKER than the control line is bad.

I had a line...it was dark...it was NOT as dark as the control. BUT now I'm totally freaked out that it was pretty dark at all! I mean wouldn't it be better if there was no line or a super faint line?! So even though it says that it's ok, it can really get under your skin about the level of darkness of your line if you have one. :wacko:

It did the opposite of lessening my fears personally :( :shrug:

I'm enclosing the pic of my results...

Attachments

• FRFT.jpg
    FRFT.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
Hmm I'm not sure about all of this! I've never seen these tests in the uk - have others? As you say, seems like a simple test that can make you seriously freak out!!!!

Im3898 - that line is definitely lighter than the control line!!

The whole thing just seems a bit dodgy to me - as we all know, the darkness or lightness of lines can vary from test to test for both opk and preg tests - and depending on your eyesight!) so it seems weird to me that you have to judge your own fertility on the darkness of a line?!!!

Just feels like yet another test/bit of kit to get already worrying ttc women to buy...

I'm not a big fan of this test either now that I see the result. I guess its just testing for FSH and you are going to have some FSH in your body as it gets ready to ovulate so you'll always have a line.

I took it and I'm not sure I would advise anyone else take it. So a line LIGHTER than the control or no line is good but a line AS DARK or DARKER than the control line is bad.

I had a line...it was dark...it was NOT as dark as the control. BUT now I'm totally freaked out that it was pretty dark at all! I mean wouldn't it be better if there was no line or a super faint line?! So even though it says that it's ok, it can really get under your skin about the level of darkness of your line if you have one. :wacko:

It did the opposite of lessening my fears personally :( :shrug:

I'm enclosing the pic of my results...

Thank's for posting this! I could totally see how this could really mess with someones mind..not good:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->