First Response

Bones

Reaction score
First off, I'm new to this site and new to trying for a baby. So hello all, I'm a rookie! Anyway, my hubby and I have been trying for the past month, I am still going through that TWW. I should wait until Mother's Day to test but I got overly anxious and tested yesterday with First Response. I got an EXTREMELY faint line. At first glance, you wouldn't even think it was there at all. A friend of mine said she has had a lot of false positives with First Response and suggested I get a different test, even a cheap one. I didn't even know it was possible for a false positive being that those lines only respond to the pregnancy hormone...right?

Any thoughts or experiences with this? Is it a false positive or could I be pregnant?

Nope not false+...well maybe it could be, I doubt it though. First Response is ALWAYS my number one choice, I am now PG and my first tests were very faint, but that means nothing...if you get a line no matter how faint, it means HCG was detected! So congrats, you're probably Prego!!! I would wait 1 to 2 days to test again as confirmation. If you are getting a faint line now, your eggy probably implanted within the last few days.

Just so you know, False positives are very rare!

Thanks! I got so excited when I saw the line but then pretty disappointed when my friend told me her experience with First Response. Perhaps she had extremely early miscarriages. I just don't know.

I also did some Googling and found a response from one woman talking to another that the line is always there and anyone can see the line if you look close enough but that just didn't make sense to me. She suggested reading it from the same distance you read a book. I still thought the line was only activated to pink if HCG was present.

Well anyway, I am for sure going to test Mother's Day. How cute would it be to know I'm prego on Mother's Day? :)

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I have a feeling you are going to get the best Mother's Day Present this year!

Keep me posted and we can be bump buddies!

left a message on your profile...shoot me a friend request and we can be BnB buddies (if you want) ;)

Sorry I'm multi-tasking right now. haha I don't think I can respond to instant messages because I'm a new member. I have to make like 5 or so posts before they activate that on my account. I do think I sent you a friend request. It would be awesome to have someone on here that I can talk to for my first pregnancy so I would certainly like to be BnB buddies.

yay!!! You're in good hands doll LOL
I'm an expert
I'm on pregnancy number 3 :loopy:

aw! sweet! I hope to have three some day. Trying for my first now so I can have it before I go to grad school. I want to use that gap to enjoy my baby. I'm lucky in that, my hubby graduated and is supporting us.

Then I have two years of grad school and one year after that called my clinical fellowship year. So for three years, I can't have any babies. After my CFY year, I'm going to try for #2. :)

HI, first responce is the only test i use. I have had so many evaps on the CB ones. I think you can only get false negatives. Good luck sounds like you maybe getting a :bfp: :hugs: xx

Just got back from the Dr. and they confirmed I'm PG! I hope you get your Mother's Day BFP!

This will be baby number 2 (but technically number 3, cuz I miscarried at 18 weeks in 2005).

:dust:

Just got back from the Dr. and they confirmed I'm PG! I hope you get your Mother's Day BFP!

This will be baby number 2 (but technically number 3, cuz I miscarried at 18 weeks in 2005).

Congratulations jaymeebee :hugs:
Sorry to hear of your loss :hugs:

Hey Rookie, welcome. It's very possible to get false negatives, meaning it will say negative but in fact it's a positive. In January I had 3 different tests' that had VERY VERYYYY faint lines which I could barely even see, but they were there. I ended up being pregnant which turned into a miscarriage. There are also many women that NEVER test positive through-out their entire pregnancy and then their are some that don't test positive for the first three month's. What I've heard is no matter how faint the line is, it's a positive because there had to have been some trace of the HCG. So congratulations I think you got a BFP

YAYYY..congratulation's Jaymeebee..:D :D

hey Bones im 12 dpo today but i'm also testing on mother's day hope you get a stronger line this time....

Not to discourage anyone about first response but here is my story with them. I used First response test last month and also had very faint lines (on 2 tests). They were barely there but both dh and I could see them. I thought maybe evap lines but they showed up before the 5 mins were up. Later that evening I had a friend of mine do a blood test on me(I work in a hospital). That came up negative and AF came 2 days later. Not sure if I was PG or what was up with the lines, but I definatley saw them. My cycles were a couple days off so I'm not exactly sure how many dpo I was, but I think I was about 13dpo. I think from now on I'm gonna stick to digital tests and wait until AF is late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->