First scan booked ......

lucy_smith

Reaction score
And it's a long wait!!!!!
16th February! I have a whole month of waiting.... How's everyone else in the uk manage with the wait to the 12 week scan? It just seems ridiculous ! Want to go and buy some comfy clothes but wanted to make sure there was a baby in there first... Don't think I can wait another 4 weeks ! Lol

Firstly, congratulations :)

I'm in the UK and didn't wait till my 12 weeks scan. I booked 2 scans at a private hospital.
I had one yesterday at 5+5 and saw a gorgeous little HB. And another booked in 2 weeks.

Such a long wait I couldn't make it to 12 weeks. I'm so impatient!! X

I'm in the U.S. and my doctor isn't doing an ultrasound till my 12 week mark. I have an appointment with nurses on January 30th because I missed the first appointment I had with them because I didn't know I had it lol. Anyways, once I meet with the nurses they will book me for an ultrasound. I will probably be 13 weeks by then! Ugh :(

Hi!

I do not live in the UK. I like in the good ole US of A! BUT! I have to way until 2/12 for my first prenatal. I booked it the day after I got my BFP to be on the 2nd, but the dad couldn't miss work so I moved it to a day he usually has off. The wait has been killing me. I just want to know all is ok.

I cope by reading pregnancy apps and doing my journal, trying to focus on my pets/ work, and coming here!!! :) I satisfy my baby frustration by nesting. I have a lot of moving around of things before I can start bringing stuff home for my LO. And I would like to start shopping around 12-16 weeks. Slowly chip away at the list of things I need. But since I'm a single mom and I don't want to overexert myself, cleaning and moving is really going to take a couple of months.

I had early scan due to my history but if I hadn't I would of gone for a private scan to break up the wait. I now have 8-9 weeks to wait for my 20 week scan which is going to be the hardest for me a I lost a daughter at 19 weeks so I plan to book fortnightly scans at the private clinic til I have my next scan x

Hi ladies! I just had my first scan here in australua at 7weeks3days. Baby looks good and heartbeat is strong! Next scan won't be till 12 weeks, and in usa!

I'm american but been livin in australia for 10 years, so will be different going to usa and learning how it works there :)

Why do they make u wait so long?? Surely they need to check baby is snuggled into the right spot?

I couldn't manage the 12 week wait.

I booked one for 7 weeks and 4 days which isn't until the 29th and have known about it for 2 weeks. So I think an extra 5 weeks on top of that for the 12 week scan would have been too much knowing how paranoid I am already!

Definitely feel for you <3

I considered an early scan and then my friend told me scans are not great for the baby and that why they don't do very many? Surely that can't be right?

I think there is some conversation about the safety of ultrasounds for baby and about how much exposure is too much, although I haven't seen anything confirmed or majorly talked about.

Usually it seems like they are happy for scans when needed but not to do over do it sort of thing.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->