First Scan - Two Yolk Sacs & Only One Fetal Pole.

JLB2293x

Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I am new to this as I have just signed myself up as I would like some advise if possible smile

I found out I was pregnant and this is my first pregnancy so I am rather worried. Over the weekend I had some light bleeding and cramping which I ended up getting referred to have an early scan.

When I went for the scan they could not see anything so I ended up having to have an internal one, they found I have a gestation scan and inside there I have two yolk sacs one is rather enlarged and empty, the other one is measuring at 5 weeks and 3 days with a fetal pole but no heart beat as of yet.

The midwifes explained this is early to hear the heart beat and has booked me in for another scan next Friday, I am extremely worried and panicking due to the midwifes feel like I was pregnant with twins and I have miscarried one explaining why one of the yolks is empty.

Also dates are not matching up which is making me even more anxious.

What dates do you think you should be at? It’s very normal not to sees heart beat so early xx

Do you mean there was 2 gestational sacs, or 1 gestational sac containing 2 yolks and 1 fetal pole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->