First smear test

K1nS

TTC #1
Reaction score
I moved to Wales about a month ago and when I registered at the local doctors, I found out they do smear tests from the age of 20 here (in England its 25) so I have my first one on Thursday and its safe to say im not looking forward to it :nope: lol

Its never pleasant but needs to be done, i need to get my ass into gear and book myself in for one

Yeah it's 20here in Scotland too. I was supposed to get my 1st one done then i got pregnant so it got cancelled! I'll need to get one anyway... it cant be as bad as the internals when you're in labour :shock:

Yeah it's 20here in Scotland too. I was supposed to get my 1st one done then i got pregnant so it got cancelled! I'll need to get one anyway... it cant be as bad as the internals when you're in labour :shock:

Thats so true lol, better safe than sorry though huh? :)

Its 18 here! Or when you become sexually active I put it off a bit so I had mine at 16. :shock: Not pleasant but needs to be done rather be safe than sorry :hugs:

I have to have my first later this week for immigration stuff. :( SOOOO not looking forward to it.

hey i think its crazy that there is an age limit! Here its when ever your active. i was talking to one of the girls at work today, she found out at her smear at 21 that she had cervical cancer.... 4 operations later she today is fine but i think its scary they dont get done earlier

I can't agree with you more, I would much rather have it when ever you want at least then you know

Do you have to book it yourself or does the doctor send you a letter?

Do you have to book it yourself or does the doctor send you a letter?

I'm not sure how it normally works hun, I only got mine coz I registered at a new docs with moving home and they asked if I wanted one as i'm 20. Maybe you should pop into your docs and see what they say xx

Don't worry bout it hun, it's all over and done with in literally a minute and you won't know the nurse that does it anyway! Get it done! Speaking from experience I had to have loop treatment when dodgy cells came up on my 3rd one and I'm so glad I kept up to date as if I hadn't it might've developed into something nasty xxx

i think you should have them done when you become sexually active. or after child as this can increase change in cells. i keep asking my doctor to gie me a smear test but he wont and says i dont need to till im 25. i even explained to him my mum had cervical cancer at 19 a year after having me. but e still wont do one. think i'll move to scotland to get one done lol.

from what ive heard from people it is unpleasant but a moment of discomfort for something which could save your life seems worth it. hope it goes ok for you.

How did it go?

I went for my 2nd smear last week, and wasn't looking forward to it because of the worry over scars (from my stitches during birth) would hurt. I'm pleased to say it went really well, the smear itself only felt a tad uncomfortable as she took the sample.

Hope all is ok :)

keely.

How did it go?

I went for my 2nd smear last week, and wasn't looking forward to it because of the worry over scars (from my stitches during birth) would hurt. I'm pleased to say it went really well, the smear itself only felt a tad uncomfortable as she took the sample.

Hope all is ok :)

keely.

It was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. It took the nurse 3 tries to find my cervix though :shrug: she said it was slightly higher than most peoples so then obv I panicked but she told me theres nothing to worry about :shrug:

its not pleasant but its not painful at all. just a bit undignified lol but better safe than sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->