First time BFP! :D

Zoe.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here!

Myself and my wife (we are same-sex civil partnered) have been TTC since the end of last year. This is our 4th cycle of trying via AI method with a sperm donor.

I have been trying not to go crazy but was tracking my symptoms and the big giveaway was that I noticed my bbs were getting very painful and more swollen than usual so I just had a feeling this was our month!

I tested this morning with FMU (15dpo, CD32) and got my BFP!!!!
(I'm 4.5 weeks).

We are SO happy and excited and can't quite believe it's actually happening! This is our first pregnancy so we don't know quite what to expect over the coming months!

Anyone else here around the same time as us? Be great to have some buddies x

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 16
Congratulations I'm not in the same boat yet but can I ask how you did it any tips gratefully received

Congratulations! How exciting!

Congratulations I'm not in the same boat yet but can I ask how you did it any tips gratefully received

Hey!

We used a donor and did it ourselves at home via AI method. The timing we used was to inseminate the day before I got my positive L.H Surge using ovulation test strips. I had read that sperm can survive inside for up to 72 hours, so our hope was that by the time my egg released - the sperm would have already been waiting to meet the egg. I predicted that I must've ovulated within 24 hours ish after insemination and this seemed to be perfect timing because it worked :) With regards to the 'procedure' - we made sure that the sperm was kept warm and no longer than 15 mins old before we inseminated (the donor used a heated pot, and then transferred into the syringe before handing it over). We used a 10ml oral syringe which had about a 1 and 1/2 inch plastic tube on the end. Once inseminated we left the syringe inside me to make sure nothing came back out and my partner made me climax (we have heard that if you have an orgasm it helps the sperm to be drawn further towards the cervix, not sure if it's true, but can't hurt to try ;)). Also, after this, I laid with pillows under my bottom to raise my hips, and I had my legs in the air (sounds funny I know), and did 'bicycle' movements with my legs for about 10 mins, and kept my legs in the air for a good 30 mins before relaxing them back down.

I hope this information helps x

Congratulations! We did at-home AI too to get our little boy :)

Congrats - we did at home too with 10ml syringe but no tube it's not long up there!!

Happy 9 months - it flys by!!!! x

Wow HP I can't believe your little one is almost a year old!

And I can't believe you're nearly there 2mums!

I need to join the club soon...

Nearly there I know - today we get the c section date!!!

Awesome!

I'm expecting +opk tomorrow so please send over some baby dust :)

I feel positive about this month. Not sure why as we tried for almost a year before with no success, but with a new donor and a healthier Laura maybe it will happen quicker this time. If not, PMA never hurt anyone :)

Omg omg Monday!!!!!!!!!! Come on Monday can't wait!!!! Xxx

Congratulations!!! I'm getting all weepy over my first pregnancy now... haha... That baby is now 2 and is so much more amazing than I ever could have dreamed of. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and enjoy every moment of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->