First time DTD after PP

keepinitreal1

1st time mom
Reaction score
Well, I finally gave in and since we're on vacation and all is very relaxed, my DH and I DTD'd almost 3 months PP.

I had a few problems getting a tampon in and out when I got my first PP AF a couple of weeks ago and I had a feeling I was in for a fun ride. BTW, I had my check-up at 7 weeks PP and all the stitches dissolved nicely and everything was, as my OB said, in tip top shape. I felt pretty much normal down there since about 4 weeks PP, since I only had a couple of grazes and little swelling.

In short - I think that labor was possibly less painful than the first five minutes of DTD. He moved a couple of times and I wanted to smack him because it literally felt like we were moving my internal organs around with a shovel.

Now, of course, I'm scared to do it again, but I do want to maintain a normal level of intimacy in our relationship.

Any advice? Does it get better over time?

It definitely gets better. It takes time and patience and it might help for your partner to let you guide the pace of the activity so you can stop or adjust for pain. It does get better, it helps to take a relaxed approach to it. And be open in communication with your partner, they can take this time really personally too.

Thank you Bcos. DH is being very understanding of the issue (and honestly, I think he's happy he's getting any at all :haha: ) but we never had any issues in that department and it's scary to think that it would remain the way it is now for the rest of my life.

I wish you a happy 3rd trimester, BTW :) :)

It does get better. We tried to DTD for the first time at 3 months PP and it was way too painful and I couldn't take it. It gets better each time we tried and although I still have some discomfort (dryness due to breastfeeding) I wouldn't say it's 'painful' anymore. It's only uncomfortable for the first minute or two and then feels fine.

It definitely gets better. It took me a while to "recover" from my first pregnancy when it came to intimacy. Part of it was nerves and that I wasn't letting myself relax enough.

After my second pregnancy I couldn't WAIT for my checkup so we could DTD again. I think we did it THAT night, lol!

Thank you!! I was seriously so scared it would never get better and then one day it just did. I had this stupid soreness that really made nothing enjoyable then one day i was back and it was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->