First time going to the OBGYN

KayeChay

Reaction score
Ok, So I have really, REALLY irregular periods. Like, the last time I had a period was in November.. OF LAST YEAR! I had went to my primary care manager earlier in Feb this year and told her we wanted to try but I'm not getting any periods. She said she couldn't do anything until after a year of trying.. that was a bummer..
Well recently I went back and said "hey, I haven't had a period in over 6 months, and I KNOW something's gotta be wrong!" well, after that visit she sent me to an OBGYN.
My doctor was fantastic! She was really nice, cooperative, and listened to everything I said (She also, made sure that I understood everything she said because I told her that I had a slight hearing loss). She also gave me hope. I asked if she deals with woman that has my problems and if it can be fixed or something and she said "ALL THE TIME!" she also, told me about some patients.. All together this doctor's visit was just comforting and gave me hope..

She said that it looks like I have more estrogen and that she wants me to do an ultrasound. I'm excited because I feel like I'm actually taking control. I was always too scared and ashamed. My husband also did a semen analysis. So I feel like we're on the road we should be. Instead of at home worrying and crying about not getting my periods or not getting pregnant.

I just wanted to share my experience.
After my ultra sound and the next time I go see my doctor, I'll let everyone know how it went! Thank you for reading >.<

It's really wonderful that you have a doctor that will help you now. I remember you from a month or so ago and my heart just broke for you. I hope this new doc is able to get everything worked out so you can conceive!

Oh that's terrible, I would be so upset if I didn't get regular periods while TTC...but it sounds like this OBGYN is going to try to help and that's got to be a wonderful feeling, way to not give up and just be sad, you are actually doing something about it! I hope things continue to look up for you!

Yeah, It does suck that I have no periods while TTC.. I had an ultrasound yesterday and she said that I had small ovaries.. I didn't get much information because I am going to see my doctor about it. I'm kind of worried now.. ugh.. I have 3 weeks until my follow up. This is going to feel like forever! I wonder if having "small ovaries" is bad? Now I have thought running in my head :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->