First time Ivf do I need to take temazapan for the scratch?

Liovec

Reaction score
Ttc for 3 yrs 5 failed months of clomid booked in for Ivf my scratch is due on the 7th of April I've heard it is similar pain wise to the hsg which I found awful so I'm hoping this is not the case my consultant has prescribed me temazapan and said to take a mix or paracetamol & ibruofen but I would rather not take the temazapan if I really don't need to please give me some advice ladies

I believe everyone's experience is different. Mine was very painful, but have heard others hardly noticed the procedure.
I didn't go through it again as just couldn't face it.... and was successful on the cycle when I didn't have the scratch.

I believe everyone's experience is different. Mine was very painful, but have heard others hardly noticed the procedure.
I didn't go through it again as just couldn't face it.... and was successful on the cycle when I didn't have the scratch.

Thank you for replying & for your honest response x

I have absolutely nothing to add but am commenting so I can see results too.

Are scratches common for all first time IVF cases? I've read mixed info on it.

I also had a horrible HSG test. I was prepared for a bit of pain but it was worse than when my tube ruptured from my ectopic. Luckily I passed out and it didn't last long. But I had quite a bit of scar tissue and they had a really hard time getting in through my cervix. If each step is as bad as that I'd want meds to help.

I have absolutely nothing to add but am commenting so I can see results too.

Are scratches common for all first time IVF cases? I've read mixed info on it.

I also had a horrible HSG test. I was prepared for a bit of pain but it was worse than when my tube ruptured from my ectopic. Luckily I passed out and it didn't last long. But I had quite a bit of scar tissue and they had a really hard time getting in through my cervix. If each step is as bad as that I'd want meds to help.

Sorry to hear your hsg was so bad yes exactly I just want to know other women's experiences so I can make my decision so please ladies help us Ivf newbies with some experienced info x

I had my first one done, unexpectedly. I didn't know they would be doing one that day (they didn't either, I was there to talk about things but I was at the perfect time in my cycle to do one).
They gave me 2 alieve. It was so painful. The alieve were not enough. My next one I plan on taking some tramacet before.

These are all scary to hear but I'd much rather know so I could properly prepare.

Timetotry, that's horrible they just sprung it on you last minute. It probably didn't even give the Aleve time to work.

Thanks for sharing though. I like to be prepared.

Liovec - sounds like you might want the meds! Good luck!

I had my first one done, unexpectedly. I didn't know they would be doing one that day (they didn't either, I was there to talk about things but I was at the perfect time in my cycle to do one).
They gave me 2 alieve. It was so painful. eve were not enough. My next one I plan on taking some tramacet before.

Thanks for the honestly I'm hoping the temazapan paracetamol & ibruofen mix will be enough x

These are all scary to hear but I'd much rather know so I could properly prepare.

Timetotry, that's horrible they just sprung it on you last minute. It probably didn't even give the Aleve time to work.

Thanks for sharing though. I like to be prepared.

Liovec - sounds like you might want the meds! Good luck!

Definitely scary but I think I needed to hear it id rather know so I can be prepared as possible I just hope the temazapan/paracetamol/ibruofen mix will do the trick I'm just worried the pain killers won't be strong enough as the temazapan is more of a relaxant I guess only time will tell x

Ok so after a chat with the pharmacist I've decided against the prescription the nurse had advise and have purchased some ca coda mol which he said I could take with ibruofen I feel this is my best bet for less pain and less grogginess

Good luck. Hope it goes well. Glad you worked out a medicine option that should work the best for you.

Had endometrial scratch today took two co codamol an hr before hand which kind of knocked me for six which I figured was a good thing I will be honest as I would want the same it really hurt me thanjlk God it was over quickly because I don't know how munch longer I could of coped with that on the plus side I'm absolutely fine now no pain hardly any bleeding & as horrible as it was I'm sure you would all agree it's totally worth it if it works 🙏🏼 x

Had endometrial scratch today took two co codamol an hr before hand which kind of knocked me for six which I figured was a good thing I will be honest as I would want the same it really hurt me thanjlk God it was over quickly because I don't know how munch longer I could of coped with that on the plus side I'm absolutely fine now no pain hardly any bleeding & as horrible as it was I'm sure you would all agree it's totally worth it if it works 🙏🏼 x

Any questions or any help I can give anyone feel free to ask I know how nerve racking this whole thing is and I've just started the Ivf process

So glad the pain was over quickly, Liovec. If it has to hurt, you'd much rather it get done with soon.

I'm not sure if I even have to have one yet but I'll be starting IVF probably in about 2 months and if I have any questions I'll definitely take you up on your offer.

Good luck. I really hope it helps the success of your IVF and you get your baby on the first cycle.

That was such a relief it being short it's meant to significantly increase your chances so I just wanted to give it my all so if it doesn't work I know there was nothing more I could have done is it something you are considering? Thank you for your Kind wishes I'm praying everyday that things go to plan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->