first time maternity shopper

T

tinytoes

so i'm going to go and buy some maternity things next week. i feel a bit daft to be honest - i'm only 12 weeks but already only one pair of my works trousers fit so rather than just buy a larger size i figured it might make more sense to buy a maternity pair so i can wear them even in a few months when i swell up more? or a skirt i can keep wearing even when spring comes..
But i think i'll feel a bit of a fraud looking at the clothes without a big pod on!
am i being daft or is this a normal feeling??

i bought maternity trousers without having a bump, who cares what anyone else things, I even tried them on in the shop. I still fit into my old clothes. but don't like the feeling of having anything tight over my tummy. so bought some maternity trousers from topshop, they are so comfy i live in them now.
You go for it girl, your not being daft at all. xx

I know what you mean tiny toes...I´ve got to the stage where only one pair of work trousers fits comfortably and my tracksuit bottoms for around the house!!! I´ve been putting off buying maternity clothes for the last two weeks, thinking its way too soon, but I´m going to give in next week and go shopping! I´ve got an appt on Friday so have the day off work, so am going to go shopping after that - I´d rather be comfy than constantly have to worry has my trouser zip fallen down yet!!!!

ive already bought maternity pants and pjamas even though im only 9 weeks at most, i got em in a sale best to have em now isnt it.

I went shopping for my clothes at 9 weeks when I wasn't even showing, even now I only fit into one pair of my maternity jeans, everything else is still too big. They have the pillows there for you to try on. Nobody will even think twice about you being there.

I bought my first two pair of maternity pants at around 8 weeks, my dress pants just weren't fitting right any longer (and I had found a great sale). Today I bought a pair of maternity jeans because my jeans have gotten too tight in the last week. You aren't being daft at all. I feel like a fraud when I'm looking at maternity clothes or even baby items!!! But I think it's best to be comfortable and not wear clothes that are too confining--besides why spend extra money on clothes you may not be able to wear in a few weeks, best to invest in a few maternity items that you can wear for several months!

Its not daft at all hun, you should wear what you feel comfortable in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"