first time OPKs

Reaction score
i've ordered some OPKs to help me start tracking better since my cycles have been extremely irregular since having my daughter last year.
i have only bought 25 to start. right now i track based on previous cycle. when do you start testing during the cycle? i was planning on just starting a day or two before my predicted ovulation date? :shrug:

When I first used them I started on CD8. I got a + on CD14. So, next time I didn't start until CD11, got + on CD14 again. Mine start to get "close" a few days before I get the +. I would start at least 3 days before your predicted ovulation date because your "surge" can happen like 36 hours before you O. Don't want to miss it!

My first month (February) I only tested once a day. My instructions said to use FMU, so I did. I got my close ones and my positive with no problem.

Since then I learned all the stuff the gals on here suggest. They say it's best to test around 2pm because your surge usually happens in the morning, so it takes several hours before it makes it's way into the urine. And then again around 10pm/before bed. You should try to hold your pee for at least 4 hours before testing and also don't drink anything for 4 hours. (If you drink too much you can dilute your urine.)

The reason it's suggested to test every 12 hours is that some people's surge only stays in their urine for that amount of time. So if they tested only once a day they could miss their surge on the test. Other people don't have to worry about that because their surge seems to be detectable in their urine for days. That's the case for me, I get + for 2 or 3 days, so I don't worry about testing more than once, but sometimes I do just because I am impatient, lol.

Here is an awesome site with OPK info:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

i'm really good at POAS on HPTs. no trouble giving advice and info on those :rofl: from looking at other's opks i've figured what counts as +/-

i'll check out that site :D

Well hopefully I can come to you for advice on HPT soon! I have pics of my OPK's up from last month if you want to take a look. I have marked wich are + and -.

all i can think about is getting the tests in the mail and being able to take my first one, just to see how it looks :blush: :rofl:

i started POAS at 5dpo with my DD :blush: saw the faintest thing at 7dpo. but everyone said i was seeing things. proved them wrong with 2 more bfps by 11dpo :thumbup:

Cool! I am due for AF today and she isn't here yet!! :) (But I am having lots of cramps and sometimes I have a 29 day cycle so she could come tomorrow..I am trying not to get too excited yet.)

lol. with my son it felt like AF was gonna come (i wasn't testing early). i had major cramps the day AF was supposed to show. but then i was a week late so i tested :shrug:
that's one thing i didn't like about testing early. when AF date rolls around, you're just a bundle of nerves :wacko:
good luck!

Really you had cramps like AF but then you were pregnant?!! AHH!! That kicks my excitement level up a couple notches, lol. As soon as I felt crampy I thought it was over. I will try to hang on to some hope, now. ;)

:hugs: i felt crampy (with my daughter) from the day i O'd, up until 5 weeks. i also felt really gassy and tired all the time. i didn't pay much attention to early signs with my son. with him i just said "we'll :sex: and see what happens"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->