First time pregnancy

rachierawr

Reaction score
hi guys. (well, girls in this case)
My names Rachael. Im 18 and 4 months. Ive just found out 2 days ago that I am 7 weeks pregnant.
Im new to this website, but i feel the need to tell my story and get some input about it. Im in a really really tough position right now and dont have an aweful lot of support.
I live with my nan. My mum passed away when I was 11 and i dont have contact with my father as, lets just say hes not a very nice person.
The father of my baby is a really good guy and he cried when he found out he was going to be a dad. the issue being i dont actually have feelings for him anymore. we are still together but i havent felt anything towards him for about 6 weeks. infact for some reason i do feel really angry and annoyed at him but i cant understand why.
i have contemplated this situation a lot.. and i mean a lot.
i have ruled out adoption because as much as i would love to say that i would be strong enough, i know i wouldnt be able to let her go.(i have a feeling it will be a girl. but either gender i will be happy)
i have told my nan today and she has said she is happy for me too keep her which has, in all honesty, put me over the moon. however it has created internal problems.
First, im not financially ready. i have a part time college and was due to start a college course this September to get a job in web design. I am unsure of how this will turn out. the issues with the father will obviously present problems.
what im getting at is.. i dont think that many pregnancies are planned and have ideal circumstances. im ready to fight my life for my baby and i will do anything for her..im just really worried about her qualities of life. all of my heart is screaming to have this baby and i genuinely do want her. more than the world. the thought of creating a family of my own brings tears of happiness. the thought of me and her together make me feel so happy. i know it will be hard work and thats fine. i am more than willing to put everything i have until my last breath into this baby.

does anyone else have any similar problems or any advice?

As far as the financial side goes, you'll just find a way to make it work :) (there's a song called love of the common people by Paul young, look it up :) )

As for feelings of anger and annoyance to the father, this could be hormone related...

Sorry my advice isn't amazing right now but I'm sleeeepy :L good luck! :)

I live by "everything happens for a reason." Try not.to stress to awful much about.the financial.aspect right this second, as that situation can always be improved. As for.your boyfriend, as much as you dont want to hear it, the feelings your feeling may jist be a hormonal thing for right now. Hang.in there!
By the way, congratulations! Im lisa, 21. My husband is 23, our daughter is 3, and our son will be.2 weeks old.tomorrow. our finances are not the greatest either, but we make it work so it can done :hugs:

Congrats :) I'm Kristina. I'm 16 and I have a twomonth old boy.
I know what you mean, I think most of us do. Its the scariestthing in the world! I was nowhere near prepared finacially. Are you in the U.S? You can get yourself on wic. Once the baby is here they'll provide you with formula (if you're not planning on breastfeeding, which is free! )
And about your boyfriend, its been about 6 weeks.. and your 7 weeks pregnant. Hormones! I hated my OH todeath in my first tri. And i didn't find out i was pregnant until well into my second trimester. I seriously wanted to leave him. His smell pissed me. Off. I couldn't stand the way he walked. I hated him! It may just be the hormones :)

Congrats hun with a strong desire anything is possible, and you will find a way to make things workout. And your OH.sounds like a good guy but whether its your hormones or which it probablly is you two can make it work also. Im Lisa and my son Quinsy is about 3 months

I don't believe in coincidences - things happen for a reason. If you want to keep this baby, and given your circumstances that is very commendable - love that your nan is so supportive - then things will work out.

Big hugs xx

as for anyone whos OH drove then nuts, how long did it last? hes trying his best and is being really sweet, he picked me up pregnancy vitamins and smoothies today, he really is trying and i feel guilty i keep yelling and everything. everything about him just pisses me off right now. i nearly had a go because he was even breathing loudly the other day and i realized how bad my hormones were. i feel really guilty and i really want this baby to have a mummy and daddy together. at the same time im worried about if we have a nasty break up or something and id prefer for us to be friends for the moment. but that again could be due to hormones! im SO protective of my baby im scaring myself and shes not even born yet!
the OHs mum offered to take care of her at her house but the thought of my baby going to different houses all the time scares me. i wanted to give my baby a permanent home not move her around as it may cause settlement issues later on. (ive lived in 4 different countries and moved around a lot as a baby and find it really hard to settle and i dont want that for her)
my point being. will the hormones go away soon? when? i need to know how i feel about the daddy. is it bad for a baby to move around a lot? my nan keeps yelling at me and im stressing which also isnt good for the baby right?

Stress is definatly no good.
My whole pregnancy the hormones were pretty bad. I would listen to my oh eat and have such a disgusted look. This was in like my2 nd tri haha. I just told my oh that my hormones were gonna be shitty for awhile and not to take things to heart. He read up in it and everything worked out well. Even when i was being a total cow.

I think hormones are meant to settle down a bit in second tri, but for some people they don't. Id sit down with your OH and explain that of you seem a bit irrational towards him its because of the hormones. He probably already knows that but it'd be good to clear the air with him :)

My partner didn't annoy me in pregnancy but I had such bad morning sickness sometimes I couldn't stand his smell :( once I made him leave his shoes outside!

First off congrats. My name is Evita, i'm 18 and 23+2 with my son. Secondly, I agree with the other girls, it could all be hormone related, honestly in my first trimester everyone pissed me off and I was always questioning whether or not I want to be with OH. Hopefully that will settle down in the second tri like it did for me. Also, I believe in everything happens for a reason aswell. Children need love, they need food, shelter, warmth and love. Babies don't have materialistic desires, you don't need to be rich, you just need to care for your child. As for college, I am studying full time and will be for the next few years! I know it will be hard but with the right amount of support, I know I can do it. And i'm sure you can too. All the best :flower:

awe sweetie im 18 too. im 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant. thanks to obama, I actually qualified for medicare. That's where they pay for all of my doctor's appointments during pregnancy and all of the baby's up until (hopefully a he) his first birthday. So I'm not worried about that, I just graduated high school and i'm getting my two year nursing degree. so by the time im 20 i can already be a nurse starting out with 50 a year. The financial part won't be that bad, u just have to stay strong when it comes to college and work. You can't just drop out of school. Your Nan will help you babysit for the next couple of years when you can get your degree too.

_
Admin note: Part of the reply has been edited as per forum rules.

I have to agree with the other ladies, your feelings towards him are more than likely hormone based, just try and stick it out for now! As for the finances, they always find a way to work themselves out. Luckily you have the support of your nan which should be a huge relief! You'll make it, there's plenty of ladies in worse situations than you are that make it work!

I'm Kaleigh, 20 in September, and 18 weeks pregnant with our first. I only work part time as a cashier and attend Nursing school (stopped working full time shortly after falling pregnant), but will not be working after the baby is born. My fiancé, Mark, is 23 in October and an otr truck driver at the moment but will be transferring to Dollar General dedicated that will have him home every weekend guaranteed and some week nights. At this time we are staying at my parents, because we had some major problems with our old roommate and decided we couldn't stay. We're using thia as an oppurtunity to collect all the things we need and will hopefully be back in our own place before our child is due in November.

Hello hun first off congratulations on your little one.the feelings you feel are most probably hormone.related as alot of us.feel.these all kind.of emotional towards I
our other halves.it..wont be a.walk in park especially for first time mothers but it's worth it and. For financially problems your.midwifes and councillors
And.classes'for expecting mums i.hope.everything works.out fr you and i.wish you a happy healthy.nine.months xx

Its not Medicare,that is for disability and the elderly... its Medicaid and you need to qualify for it. If your family makes to much you will not be able to use it. Though your baby will be able to go on something no matter what. :)...

you may want to look at what is there to help you in your state, each state is different and again it all depends on family situations and what not but im sure if you look around enough you can find a way...definitely do not give up school that is not only great for you but its something your child will always look up to you for :)

xx

much luck :)

I agree with everyone else,

Just remember hun we are all here for you :) A lot of us are in similar situations.

I'm Chloe, i'm 18 and am at University full time and i work part time, that i can't give up because i need the money.

I agree with 'Everything happens for a reason' just keep that in your head and when things get tough think of your gorgeous little baby and how amazing it will be when you hold him/her for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->