First time pregnant?

First timer here as well :) Me and DH are thrilled and scared at the same time. I have all these dreams about natural childbirth and cloth diapers and attachment parenting and Montessori education and veganism and yada yada yada :D :D But as long as the little one is a healthy baby, I am sure we will figure out the ways to make them happy.

First timer and scared witless over every symptom - I'm nervous that I don't have cramps when so many other ppl do - I'm nervous that my back hurts, I'm wondering if it's normal to be this tired at only 4+ weeks...I'm scared to take a pregnancy :test: in case it's no longer positive...

I wonder if I'm doing the right thing telling me mom this weekend at what will be only 5 weeks, I'm nervous about my hcg count check on Thurs to make sure it's doubling lol...Pretty much I'm just scared & excited in general :blush:

Is anyone else telling immediate fam right away?

First timer and scared witless over every symptom - I'm nervous that I don't have cramps when so many other ppl do - I'm nervous that my back hurts, I'm wondering if it's normal to be this tired at only 4+ weeks...I'm scared to take a pregnancy :test: in case it's no longer positive...

I wonder if I'm doing the right thing telling me mom this weekend at what will be only 5 weeks, I'm nervous about my hcg count check on Thurs to make sure it's doubling lol...Pretty much I'm just scared & excited in general :blush:

I have all the same fears as you :) You are in good company. I think all that means is you are already a mom lol.....

Best of luck tomorrow xx

We told our immediate family AND friends. We were just so happy and caught up in the moment. Now i'm kind of regretting it, but trying to stay positive in that this will be a sticky baby.

Hi everyone... first timer here too.

I still don't think it has properly hit me yet that I'm going to have a baby. I had my doctors appointment yesterday but I left feeling just meh. I don't know what I was expecting but I was more excited going in than coming out.

I don't have many symptoms at all... my bb's are only slightly tender and that comes and goes. I get the odd cramp every now and then, I had one today that lasted about 20 seconds and it really hurt, I got such a fright :( The biggest symptoms I have is fatigue, I'm in bed so early now and always wake up during the night to go to the toilet and I can never go back asleep :growlmad:

I also bought some IC's today because I just want to keep checking until I get my scan... I must be mad :wacko:

Has anyone else just had days where they just don't feel pregnant?

I told immediate family right away, and now wish I hadn't.

We told our immediate family AND friends. We were just so happy and caught up in the moment. Now i'm kind of regretting it, but trying to stay positive in that this will be a sticky baby.

It's so hard not to get caught up in the moment. We're going to avoid telling friends but I can't not tell my mom...:thumbup:

I'm sorry girl :cry: Are you absolutely sure then at this point? Do you think it might help to have family around during this hard time?

I have been debating what to do.. I have confirmed with blood (three times!) and my first ultrasound is in 3 weeks. I think I will wait until my first US to tell my immediate family. It will be so hard to wait but I will be away for 2 of the three weeks on holidays so the temptation will be much less I think.... I thought I would rush and tell them right away but I am trying hard not to... want to see that heartbeat!

I'm sorry girl :cry: Are you absolutely sure then at this point? Do you think it might help to have family around during this hard time?

I'm positive. I went in today after I started bleeding this morning and they confirmed with ultrasound that I miscarried. I made it further this time but am absolutely devestated. I feel like such an idiot for sharing the news because now I have to tell them all never mind. I don't feel like being around anyone right now, seeing as how my sister told everyone on the same day that she was also pregnant and that they weren't even trying. It makes me sad. (Happy for another niece or nephew but sad that I want it so badly and she is indifferent)

I'm positive. I went in today after I started bleeding this morning and they confirmed with ultrasound that I miscarried. I made it further this time but am absolutely devestated. I feel like such an idiot for sharing the news because now I have to tell them all never mind. I don't feel like being around anyone right now, seeing as how my sister told everyone on the same day that she was also pregnant and that they weren't even trying. It makes me sad. (Happy for another niece or nephew but sad that I want it so badly and she is indifferent)

So sorry to hear that!!! :((( Can't believe that happened to you... I understand the need for your own time. Take your time and then talk about it with others when you feel like it. I believe you will get great support, and that's what you might need at this situation. But don't loose hope!

It's my first time too - and I'm only just about 4 weeks and I almost wish I hadn't found out so soon because now I will be driving myself insane every time I feel anything weird. I feel like until I have that first scan (at 7 weeks? 8 weeks??) I don't even want to think about it as "real"!
Did anyone else find out super early and how did you cope?

Can I ask what's with the taking the Clear Blue digital test (that shows how many weeks) if you've already confirmed the pregnancy with your doctor? Is this to check your levels to see if they are rising? It sounds like another way to drive oneself bananas - which is right up my alley!! ;)

Hello Ellam, I noticed you re-awakening this thread, it's a good thread! I'm a first timer too, but I'm over ten weeks now :)
People do take more pregnancy tests to see if the line has darkened or with the CB ones to see if the weeks have increased, but personally I think it's not the best idea.. because so many factors affect how much hCG the test picks up, the concentration of your urine, the different brands etc etc and people get so upset if it comes up lighter than the first time but it most likely doesn't mean anything at all! It's another thing to worry about.

I have only just started to feel actually pregnant for the last few days so I'm really starting to relax now, before that I was a bag of worries and when you're early the wait does feel long.. I tried to focus on what I could do for the baby in the early stages and other wise tried to get on with my usual daily tasks while enjoying the fact that everything I did, I had my little bean coming with me :D I even talked to it from six weeks and I still do hehe :blush:

Yeah, I'm a first-timer too and I'm doing my best not to over think everything... trying to take it day by day! I'm petrified of a MC, as we all are, but I'm trying to not let it take away from this amazing experience! I'm learning something new every day and can't wait to share the news when I feel the time is right. My first prenatal appointment is just a little into 10 weeks and I'm so anxious to know how things are going down there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->