First time using OPKs - sure this is pos?

Cinderella

Pregnant with number 1
Reaction score
I'm not due to ovulate until tomorrow (according to my app only), I tested a few days ago and there was barely a shadow of a line, then yesterday afternoon there was a definite line, and today it's much darker (I would say darker than the control line, so a definite positive right?)

I'm artificially inseminating and my donor isn't available every night. He is however available tonight and Saturday night, which if I have a positive OPK should be ok right? I don't want to get the timing wrong!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 13.27.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 13.27.31.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 31
A positive OPK (which your bottom one is) means you'll probably release an egg in the next 12-24 hours so tonight would be ideal; Saturday would probably be too late hun as you want the swimmers there ready and waiting for the eggy!

Good luck!

xxxxx

Thank you, I thought it was, just wasn't expecting it so soon! He's not sure if he can make it tonight now as he's working late and lives an hour away. But he'll try and get here tomorrow instead, this is so nerve-wracking! lol

Of those tests only the bottom is positive. A lot of reading/my own charting has come to determine that O happens in general:
24-36 hours from the first positive (test line equals control line)
12-18 hours from your DARKEST positive (test line is much darker than the control)
Then the egg can be fertilized up to 12 hours after release BUT sperm need 5 hours to go through cap... Something I can say it but not spell it lol.

Tonight isn't impossible, but cutting it very close. The early he can meet you today the better. Saturday is definitely too late.

Thanks Dobby! We inseminated the night before the positive, and then he did manage to get to me that night so we inseminated then! The next morning when I did an opk it was almost gone so I'm hoping we caught it! :thumbup: still nerve-wracking though! lol

Yup I would go with O yesterday so good timing! FXed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->