First time using/reading Ovulation Tests, help?

PurpleMouse

Reaction score
:wacko: This is my first time using ovulation tests and I've heard that faint lines mean negatives but I'm so confused because I had EWCM yesterday and I'm basically leaking EWCM today but my test line still isn't as dark or darker than the reference line? You can see it gradually getting darker every day but my surge still hasn't occurred, I'm so confused. What do you guys think? First time posting so I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this. Oh, I'm also on CD18 right now.

Attachments

• 20170121_125934#2.jpg
    20170121_125934#2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9
Maybe this is a better picture, sorry.

Attachments

• 20170121_125934#2.jpg
    20170121_125934#2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 6
Oh my goodnesss, I mean this one. I apologize. :dohh:

Attachments

• 20170121_131513#3.jpg
    20170121_131513#3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
They all basically look the same, super embarrassing so sorry about that haha.

18 is definitely the darkest. Should be positive soon. You want it to be as dark or darker than the control line. Are you testing more than once a day? 2/3 times is best. I do it twice as I can't at work. Some women have short surges tho so test multiple times a day.

18 is definitely the darkest. Should be positive soon. You want it to be as dark or darker than the control line. Are you testing more than once a day? 2/3 times is best. I do it twice as I can't at work. Some women have short surges tho so test multiple times a day.

Oh wow, no I didn't know that, I'm going to go ahead and test again later today then just in case. I tested in the evening before but I couldn't avoid drinking water all day so I started testing in the afternoon. I'm waiting for my cheap tests to arrive in the mail because I spent so much on these. :dohh:
Thank you for your advice!

yeah I agree your cd 18 is gearing up but not there yet. I generally test once day from cd 8 till around cd 12 or 13 and then move up to twice a day to make sure a surge isn't missed. I really don't need to because my surge is usually 12+ hours but I do just in case. Some women have a shorter 6 hour or less surge though.

yeah I agree your cd 18 is gearing up but not there yet. I generally test once day from cd 8 till around cd 12 or 13 and then move up to twice a day to make sure a surge isn't missed. I really don't need to because my surge is usually 12+ hours but I do just in case. Some women have a shorter 6 hour or less surge though.

Okay so I wanted to do a second and third time today like you guys said but now I'm even more confused because the line is pretty much non-existent now. It's so faint only I can see it. I didn't drink anything other than a couple of sips of coffee. My urine wasn't diluted at all either. :wacko:

The first one was at 12:40pm and I did this one around 4:20pm. Does time of day make a difference?

Also, thank you for your response I appreciate it!

Attachments

• 20170121_162911#46.jpg
    20170121_162911#46.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 5
You may have a really short surge and missed it cd 17 eve. if tomorrow's test is not closer to positive I would say that is what happened.

Keep testing. You never know you could ovulate late. Temping really is the only way to be sure you ovulate. Even opks don't tell you you have ovulated. Just that you have the LH surge that usually causes ovulation. But doesn't guarantee you actually ovulated.

Keep testing. You never know you could ovulate late. Temping really is the only way to be sure you ovulate. Even opks don't tell you you have ovulated. Just that you have the LH surge that usually causes ovulation. But doesn't guarantee you actually ovulated.

Oh wow really? Okay I'm gonna keep testing and see what happens tomorrow and just continue to try with my husband until my EWCM disappears. I don't know anything about temping so I'm gonna have to do some research on how that works haha. SO MANY THINGS TO KEEP TRACK OF. :wacko:

Thank you for the help guys. I'll post what happens tomorrow. Maybe I did miss it because there are some skin-like white things in my EWCM so maybe it's ending? IDK. Or maybe it's starting and I'm going to ovulate later than usual.

I took another test and it wasn't as dark as CD18 was. It was as faint as CD17 though. I have a feeling I missed my surge overnight or something considering I only took a test at 11:40PM on CD17. Who knows. :wacko:

Anyways, thanks again!

Attachments

• 20170122_135737#778.jpg
    20170122_135737#778.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
Well as long as you bd you're covered! Temping is much more reliable.

Fortunately we have been BDing! And I went ahead and ordered a basal body thermometer. Good luck to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->