First timer - what the hell is going on?

Hill2011

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a first timer to this so please excuse the ramblings :winkwink:

I have no pics but I'd really appreciate your help....Husband and I have deicided to start trying for our first baby in September, so I thought that during these next two months I'd try and chart properly when I ovulate, to hopefully give us a headstart :winkwink:

So I went and bought some cheapie ovulation tests for my local homebargains, a couple of quid for 5 tests. I probably started to test way too early. I have a cycle that can be anywhere between 26 and 36 days but on average is about 30-32 days, so I feel I am pretty regular. I started to test with the cheapies once a day on day 10 and got nothing - not even a second test line, I was not too worried though as the packet said if you are not close to ovulation then it is usual to either get nothing or just a very faint test line. I used 3 more of these and still got absoluely nothing. By this point I was starting to worry a little so after some research discovered that we all have the LH hormone in our urine all the time and for most people you generally get at least a faint second line.

So trying not to worry too much I went back to home bargains and this time got a more expensive brand - £6.99 for 5 this time. First time I did one of these I got a faint test line - phew!:thumbup:
Incidently I then did one of the original cheapies and still got no faint test line so I came to the conclusion that they were crap - even though the cheapies were meant to be more sensitive :shrug:

SO I carried on with the more expensive ones.....I did all 5 and each day the test line came up with the exact same faintness. Definately there but definately not as strong as the control line.

On Saturday I'd run out and I had to go and buy some more! Its expensive this lark isn't it? I came home and did one and again the same degree of faintness! :shrug:

Then on Saturday evening (day 18) I started to get bad pain. I usually get some pain mid month and I always assume it is ovulation pain. Pain in one side, aching feeling down below :blush: or general stomach pain. Anyhow it got pretty bad and I even had to lie down on the sofa with a hot water bottle! Plus (prepare yourselves) when I went to the loo in the evening I had stretchy egg white mucus! SO I did another test - remember I'd already done the one in the afternoon that was the same faintness as usual. Then the evening one was the same! :shrug:

So next day I did another (I still had the pains) - this one was still faint but was slightly darker than all the others so far! I presumed I was getting close!

So then today (day 20) I did two more and now the line is disappearing - hardly there at all! Plus the pains have totally gone! :growlmad:

I have generally tested once a day at about 2pm but occassionally I have tested twice.

What do you all think is going on? It seems there has been some kind of surge especially as the line now seems to be vanishing. I have one more left that I am going to do tomorrow but I really feel that given these pains and egg white mucus, that I have ovulated and there is little point me doing more tests this month. Any ideas?

Could I not have ovulated despite these pains and mucus? HELP!

The day after your pains, I think was cd19 - did you just do 1 in the afternoon? Maybe you have a very quick surge and you missed it in the evening??

OPKs can definitely get pretty expensive! I'd suggest getting some cheapies from the internet to get you through the next few months.

Good luck!!

The pains were on Sat evening.....I did one then and one on Sunday afternoon.It was the one then that was a bit darker. Yes maybe I should have done one on Sunday evening too :dohh:

Anyone else got any experiences they would like to add?

Just to update you all. I've just done my last one. Decided to do it early afternoon as opposed to mid afternoon or evening to see if that made any diff. Well its light. Maybe not quite as light as yesterdays but def lighter than the one on sun afternoon! Who knows! I'm currently thinking of buying more and keeping testing! Is it worth it do we think? Have had a few more light pains today!

Now i'm even more confused! Ended up buying some more cheapies yesterday. Remember i'd never had so much as a faint second line on these. Yesterday i did one and got nothing. Today i did one around six as it was tricky to do one at work and got a really really faint line! Wtf? Also i have slight pains again! I'm stumped!

I'd recommend the internet cheapy ones. I spent £5 for 30. Kept me amused through my epic cycle (now CD135) and I've always got a faint line on every one so I know they work from that respect. Do they pick up surges? I can't say because I've not had one :rofl: It is hard at first because it takes a while to work out when your own levels will be higher. Some people are better with SMU, some are better just before bed so it's just working out when you have a good supply of the hormone. It is awkward until you know how xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->