First Timers - are you nervous?

baby-diva

Foster Mummy and WTT
Reaction score
For those who are WTT for the first time - how do you feel about it all???

I cant wait! I think ill be a lil bit scared when I do get my BFP but thats normal I recon!

xxx

I am so nervous about it all but excited nervous, OH is now getting nervous...

its really exciting but at the same time scary because you cant change what happens. if that makes sense haha. hopefully the next 18months-2years fly! :)

i'm very excited, but i'm so nervous too - we never really thought about children until recently so it's quite huge for us!!!

I'm just incredibly, ecstatically excited and so is DH. We want to try now, but have to wait for financial and holiday reasons.

Only thing I'm nervous about at the moment is whether we will be able to conceive OK. No reason why not, but having never been pregnant it's just something you worry about I guess.

I'm sure once I actually get pregnant I will become nervous about lots of things, but for the moment I'm just excited about trying in August.

I'm just excited now, but I will probably get nervous nearer the time!

I'm finding that as the time to TTC draws closer, the more nervous I get. I'm overweight (trying to lose weight though), so I'm nervous about how much weight I'll gain, and if I'll even look pregnant. Will I have a ton of complications or was my doctor just trying to inform me of what can happen? I've tried to talk to my DH about it and he's just like "You'll be fine".
I'm also nervous about my family's reaction. They're convinced I'll die from complications due to my weight, so I doubt I'll be able to share this experience with my mom and grandmother. :nope:

I am excited, but very nervous at the same time.

Ah hun how much have you to lose? I want to lose 66lbs before i get preggo.

xxx

When I really sit and give it some thought, I get really really really nervous, definitely. I plan on coming off my BC pill in December to give myself plenty of time to get my cycle back to normal and really, that isn't too long a time away, so I get butterflies thinking I won't actually be going back to the doctor to get another prescription.
I'm nervous about actually TTC incase it goes on for years and doesn't happen and I'm also convinced I'll pass out when I do get a BFP, even though it's what we want. And labour... wow, then I do get scared, lol.

So a short answer is, yep, nervous is me!

I can't wait either, but when the time comes i know for a fact i'll be anxious about it, which doesn't really help, and Just thinking that everytime that me and OH DTD we could potentially create a new life.
I'm also worried about morning sickness because i'm a little bit of an emetaphobe, i'm better then i was but it still scares me a little.

I'm really nervous! Of course excited but I'm nervous too. I'm driving myself crazy reading about the chances I have to get pregnant in a month, what supplements to take, what not to take. It's so nerve wrecking!

4magpies - I have about 100 lbs to lose for my bmi to be in a normal range. But I just spoke with a nutritionist last week who said that will never happen since I have a big bone structure (wide hips, wide shoulders but I'm really short). She wants to see me lose 70 lbs. My gyno would be happy if I lost about 30 lbs before I have a baby. So far I'm down 10 lbs & only a month & a half left before we TTC so we'll see what happens.

I know what you mean hun. I lost alot of weight a couple of years ago and no matter what I did I couldnt get smaller than a UK size 12. My hips are just to wide to be a 10.. my bone structure is big... but on the brightside bigger hips = easier birth! Haha. So we should be thankful for out big asses.

Hope you get to where you want hun. What kind of diet are you doing? I am on slimming world.

xxx

I'm on weight watchers (for the 3rd time). :haha: Plus I'm working with a nutritionist.
I'm hoping these hips come in handy when I need them. I've always been told I have child bearing hips.
I've never heard of slimming world. What is it?

Its all about food optimising. Like certain foods are free and you can eat as much of them as you like. Then you have healthy extras which make sure you get your fibre & calcium & anything else you count like weight watchers but they are called syns & you can have between 5 & 10 a day. Or save them up. Its good I like it. Find it very easy to do as you can fill up on good stuff so your never hungry. I even have a grilled chicken kebab on friday night. It just teaches you good habits & to think before you eat.

Google it I would recommend it. My mum prefers it to weight watchers.

xxx

Oh and its the only one that pregnant & breast feeding women can follow. Recommended by the royal college of midwifes so I figure it is good for TTC too.

xxx

i'm just on a general eat healthy diet, i haven't been told how much i need to lose but I'm getting married in October, so i would be happier to get down to a size 16/18 - i'm a 20 just now!!! but i'm tall so i don't actually look it - the wedding dress people were surprised :p hehe. I would be happy to have a baby at a size 16, very happy actually - i feel sexy at that size (lol).... although there is no sex involved in our baby making as we're doing AI!!!

I want to be at least back in a 16 when we start to TTC.

xx

Hi everyone! Yep, me too. Excited nervous. Get goosebumps thinking about it! Scared ill get pregnant too soon after coming off the pill and then scared it will take too long lol Im with you there wanna-b- mummy, the labour really scares me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->