First Trimester Bleeding? anyone?

i bled at the beginning of this pregnancy and bubba is fine... sounds to me like its most likely implantation spotting, and hopefully all works out for you, like everyone else has said take yourself down to the EPU to be checked out. gl to you hun x

Hello ladies, Thanks again to those who have responded to me, you helped a lot to console me.

So to update on first trimester bleeding and hopefully put some minds at ease.
I had my appoimtment at EPAU this afternoon, they did do a T/V ultrasound (mistyscott- it did't go has bad as I thought and I did'nt bleed after it this time :)).

The gestational sac was still in situ and the embryo(baby) was 2mm, approx correct length for 3-4 week gestation, the nurse said no heartbeat detected yet which was expected as this does not show until the baby embryo is at least 4mm.

I also got my blood test results today from Friday , the hcg level was nearing 3000.

I still have the spots after straining on loo or rushing around! I must slow down. I intend to rest as much as possible, although stillk have to go to work , am not on my feet.
I still have no answers to where the blood is coming from so just going to persevere, with my history of MC I am just taking each day as it comes and will not really be able to feel joy until I am bit further on.

So , as you ladies reinforced and I am also example of..Bleeding does not always mean MC is looming, especially if no cramps, I have no cramps (yet!).
Even if the blood is red, not brown , I have still not MC at this stage so I am still hopeful I can continue the pregnancy successfully.
All things crossed , Big Love , Scarlett xx

Hello, I am 34 years old approx 4 weeks pregnant, however I am unsure about the exact stage as I MC on 29th Nov 2010 so have conceived quite quickly which was a surprise.
I have never been pregnant before, I came off dianette in december 2010 to try for a baby, it took 11 months to conceive originally and then I MC.

I am concerned I could have another MC.

I have been spotting on and off for 3 weeks.

I did a clearblue digital test on wednesday and it stated I was 2-3 week.
This shocked me greatly as I have been spotting very light for past 3 weeks ! .... just assuming I was menstruating and that my cycle was still irregular due to the MC, never realised I had conceived!

I know implantation blood, if any experienced , should not really go on this long.

I would like to hear from anyone who has or is currently suffering first trimester bleeding and what outcome it resulted in.

I don't even want to accept I am pregnant as I am so pessimistic about pregnancy due to my recent experience. I feel very lonely deep down and can't really talk to partner or family as I feel a sense of guilt...I don't know why...I don't drink, smoke and very healthy bmi etc..

I suppose I feel inadequate if I lose this pregnancy too, I am 34 and feel my clock is ticking fast.

If anyone has any experience of this please can you share your experiences.

Mine is very light, but it is red,it is not enough to even fill a pantliner , it is just when I wipe.
I do not have any cramp at all, just a dull ache in lower back.

I am so scared this is going to result in another miscarriage I feel miserable and can't really focus on anything other than this.
I have been to the doctor today who has taken a blood sample. Other than that not been to EPU , I may go next week if this continues.

It would be so helpful to hear your thoughts ladies , greatly appreciated.
Trying to stay positive.

***I have submitted an update at the end of the threads***xx

HI Scarlett, thanks for this thread. I got my bfp on 19 January and started bleeding the next day. It was light at first and then heavy for a few days. It stopped by the Monday and I've had positive tests since. Due to do another test tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed it's still positive. Got doctor's appointment this week and hoping they'll arrange a scan for me soon.

I won't believe I'm pregnant until I see the little one and a lovely little heartbeat.

Everything crossed for you

xx

Hello Shinona, I know just how you feel , see my update , it was positive news today, I'm still not counting my chickens , I dare'nt as my last miscarriage end of November is still very much fresh in my mind.
I am hoping for the heartbeat too when I go back to EPAU on the 15th Feb for a review. All the best to you chick xx

I'm so sorry to hear of your mc, and congrats on your pregnancy!

For now, I think it might be best to go to the EPU, you know we can all try to reassure you, but we each are individuals, and what may have happened to one, may not happen to you.

I had spotting this week and was very scared. I went to the EPU today, and they said I had to come back in two weeks time to try to see a heartbeat. No one will now be able to reassure me until I see that, so I am going to try to stop worrying. This is impossible though I know.

I'm sure you're feeling more worried because of your recent mc, but I really hope all is alright for you.

:hugs: and good luck!

Have you heard anything yet? I think I'm in the same boat and have to wait for a week or two to find anything out (unless I MC before then). Have you had any pain or cramping? I haven't had pain as such but discomfort / twinges I think.

I've been spotting for the past three weeks (am currently 8+5). On last sat night, I ended up bleeding heavily (filing a pad in an hour at the start) and it's lessened since then... the scan yesterday showed a perfectly healthy baby, but a big bleeding spot (sub chorionic hematoma) it just shows you can bleed and still be fine :)

I spotted at 6.5 weeks for two days. I also had some pretty bad cramping. I went for an early scan and everything was fine and there was a heart beat. I still cramp a bit but no more spotting and I'm at about 8 weeks now. Good luck I hope everything works out for you :hugs:

So glad I've read this post, I'm 4 wks 4 days and have been bleeding for a week, mainly brown, but also been a bit pinky too. I'm so scared cos we've had to have ivf. My clinic don't seem to be worried, but I feel the same as u Scarlett I just can't feel happy with this hanging over me.

Good luck to all of u with your pregnancies

I'm so sorry to hear of your mc, and congrats on your pregnancy!

For now, I think it might be best to go to the EPU, you know we can all try to reassure you, but we each are individuals, and what may have happened to one, may not happen to you.

I had spotting this week and was very scared. I went to the EPU today, and they said I had to come back in two weeks time to try to see a heartbeat. No one will now be able to reassure me until I see that, so I am going to try to stop worrying. This is impossible though I know.

I'm sure you're feeling more worried because of your recent mc, but I really hope all is alright for you.

:hugs: and good luck!

Have you heard anything yet? I think I'm in the same boat and have to wait for a week or two to find anything out (unless I MC before then). Have you had any pain or cramping? I haven't had pain as such but discomfort / twinges I think.

hello, I went to the EPAU yesterday and saw the gestation sac and a 2mm fetus (right size for approx 4 week apparently), no heartbeat, going back 15th Feb if make it and hopefully things will have progressed well.
Will just have to see, I'm Miss Pessimistic at moment as all the previous stuff is still very fresh in my mind.
I am not spotting today but when I wipe , a small dab of pink, I notice it more in the mornings now, after straining a stool or as if the blood resides over night then when I move in the morning it shows, not a lot though, it is definetley blood. I have no pain , like you but twinges on left and right, which I believe is the corpus luteum providing the progesterone.
Now when I mc the pain was horrendous and I actually had contractions , and I was no further along than I am at moment. I passed a long piece of what was the conception tissue with the fetus in it , I was having identical twins. I really hope your wavers off, I'm sure it will and good luck with your next scan , let me know how it goes , take care of yourself , Scarlett x

So glad I've read this post, I'm 4 wks 4 days and have been bleeding for a week, mainly brown, but also been a bit pinky too. I'm so scared cos we've had to have ivf. My clinic don't seem to be worried, but I feel the same as u Scarlett I just can't feel happy with this hanging over me.

Good luck to all of u with your pregnancies

Hello, read my updates , it will give you some hope , I'm no way near 'out of the woods' but the only thing that keeps me hanging in there is how I feel. I can still operate, with the mc end of November the first thing I recall was a feeling of total gloom and despair that came over me , I just knew what was coming, I had contractions and passed the tissue at home. I was about as far on as now. As long as you are'nt having period type cramps I believe that is good, I am not having those, just little twinges on the left and right which I believe is the corpus luteum doing its job?!
Brown is old blood,again could be just the uterus shedding what it does not need from the implantation, mine is red blood.
There are no explanations for a lot of whats going on, each pregnancy is very different as are people.
I really pray for you and with going through ivf, you deserve to get through this. All the best xx

Dear Scarlett
I know your update is old bit how did things go?

Dear Scarlett
I know your update is old bit how did things go?

Hi there,
Just to let you know scarlett has posts on the baby forums with her little one, so all went well I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"