First try at cloth overnight!

LolaAnn

cautiously PALs!
Reaction score
Well this morning I woke up and not only had my wee man done a poo explosion in his nappy/sleeping bag, all the little crystal things from his nappy had come out and were on his winkie and it looks like they have burnt the skin :( NO MORE SPOSIES AT NIGHT!

So I've just put him down for the night, he sleeps 11+ hours every night so I have been way too afraid to try cloth. Also he sleeps on his tum tum. He is in a medium ecobubs with the ecobubs insert and a wonderoo V2 bamboo insert underneath. Ohhh I'm praying this works! Any tips on using cloth at night for tummy sleeps/long sleepers?

My LO sleeps on his tummy for anything between 11 and 14 hours. Last night he went in his night nappy (dreami dri pop in plus night booster) at 7.30 and he woke this morning at 9.30. The nappy was super soggy and his skin was a bit damp despite the fleece liner, but vest, sleepsuit and grobag all dry. With a normal sleep of 11 or 12 hours the pop in isn't even soaked through and the fleece liner keeps his bum dry.

I find that a soaker of some type over the nappy is the solution. I wish I knew this earlier as I stopped using reusables at night for ages cause of leaks. I use fleece ones - Pumpkin Pants - but others recommend wool.

Aww poor thing! :(
Lucas sleeps 11+ hours a night too, I've found prefolds amazing or even stuffing them into a pocket (folding one end over at the front), and throwing in a MF insert. Poor baby has the bulkiest bum ever but it works!!

^^ that is almost exactly what I've been doing recently - a Flip organic insert folded round a hemp booster and all stuffed in a BG V4 pocket. Worked fine and not *so* bulky that I couldn't have added more stuffing up front if necessary. :) Adam would be in that nappy 10 or so hours, but not all of that on his tummy as he is often a restless sleeper.

thanks for all the tips. is there any such thing as a stay dry liner that I can use made of natural fibres? I would love to put something in his nappy overnight to keep him dry but not irritate him.

I use little lambs fleece liners in my nappys and my little ones bum is nice and dry every morning even if the nappy is soaked :D

they are cotton fleece right? i couldn't believe it, I have one and looked on their website and they say cotton - I thought it must have been a mistake!

The very best combination for overnight we've found is actually 2 bamboo terry squares folded together, a fleece liner inside to keep bottoms dry, and either a wool soaker or a pair of wool longies (in winter) over the top. And terry squares, contrary to poular belief, aren't difficult to use once you've done a couple!
If you want to stick with shaped nappies, 2 parters are best for overnight, and any good bamboo nappy should do, provided it's well boosted. We found some excellent bamboo fleece quick dry night time pads, which although described as quick dry, aren't (!) but boy are they thirsty, and you can put them inside or outside the nappy. I'd still always go for a wool nappy cover overnight though

so well! no leaks at all, and he slept 12.5 hours, plus I didn't change him till after his morning feed so it was more like 13 hours and the top inside of the nappy was pretty damp, his winkie is looking much better yay, the only thing is where it was damp around the top it was a bit red. funny cos the inserts at the back were bone dry, so I think if I boost with some smaller bamboo boosters just at the front instead of the wonderoo it will save some space and work just as well. very glad I bit the bullet and did it, although a wee bit scared I have entered the world of night nappies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->