First tww after HSG. Anybody?

nomorewaiting

Reaction score
I am about a day away from entering the tww for the 12th time. I had an HSG on 7/9. There was some serious but short lived pain involved but I have been fine ever since. I got the all is clear but not many details because it wasn't my normal doc. I am already driving my self crazy! After months of not having much hope I find myself on the edge of my seat waiting to see if this is our month. I almost wish my doc didn't tell me about the increased chance of pregnancy and that I wasn't searching the internet looking for success stories.... but lets face it I have NO will power.

Is there anyone else out there who is in this insanity?? Feel like losing your mind with me for the next 2 weeks?

I didn't have one this month but I did have one back in March and I DID conceive that cycle. Unfortunately it was on my "blocked" side and I had another ectopic.

Oh no, Mod!! I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you are doing better now and are able to keep trying. Fx for you :) :hugs:

Yeah I'm good now, thank you:). Get to go in clomid next cycle since I'm down a tube so I'm hopeful that it'll work. Just trying to give you hope for this month :)

I had an HSG on June 24. It was pretty painful even with the Valium and Tylenol they have me. They informed me during the procedure that my tubes were clear. They showed me the still images too. So I don't think I will have any increased chance since my tubes were clear :(. This is my 12th month trying. My hubby has borderline low sperm count and low morphology. The doc wants us to keep trying. He says it'll take a little longer but it should happen.

One thing that is different this month is my spotting or lack there of. For the past 8 cycles I have always spotted 6-2 days before my period. My period is supposed to start tomorrow and I haven't had a drop of blood.

Keep us updated nomorewaiting!!

Thanks for the positive thoughts, mod! Might be a personal question, but we are on here so personal questions are abundant, when will you start your clomid cycle? Soon? I will keep my fx for you! I always get excited for a new cycle where something is different or there is a plan to do something that may help.

Hk, My tubes are clear too. I did get to look at a still image briefly but I am the kinda gal who really wants to read the radiologist report LOL. Don't count yourself out on the HSG cycle or months following yet. I did hear that even those who have clear tubes still have an increased chance because there may be just general junk that got cleared out by the dye being pushed through. It wouldn't really show a blockage but some women likened it to roto rooter! Now there's an image for you! I know we all look for some sign and the lack of other symptoms we've had before but I think that your lack of spotting sounds really promising!!!! Hoping af keeps her ugly face away today! You have to let me know.

As for me, I finally got my positive opk this morning but it may have been positive last night I just didn't test. So I am officially ready to start this tww. I have my hopes up to high I think. I am trying not to but this month is something new and one step closer to having answers and a plan so I am feeling positive. I have 2 weeks to try to bring myself down to earth so that I don't fall too hard if af arrives.

Have a great day, ladies!

Hi. I had one back in May with minimal/tolerable pain. My tubes were open and I got to see the whole thing as well. No complications. I was told to give it 3 cycles before movijg on but after cycle 2 i knew nothings changed. My OB started me on Clomid 50mg. I'm now 2dpo.

Good luck!

I should be starting clomid this month towards the end if the month. My appt is on the 23rd and when I had my post op appt she told me to get opks, track ovulation for two cycles and let my body heal and the third cycle she'll start me on clomid if my husband and I so choose, and we choose yes lol. My hubby is actually hoping for twins or triplets but the chances of that aren't very high lol

I should be starting clomid this month towards the end if the month. My appt is on the 23rd and when I had my post op appt she told me to get opks, track ovulation for two cycles and let my body heal and the third cycle she'll start me on clomid if my husband and I so choose, and we choose yes lol. My hubby is actually hoping for twins or triplets but the chances of that aren't very high lol

The low chances are exactly why my H was scared off in the beginning. Don't get me wrong we'd welcome twins in a heartbeat but it would be difficult with 3 or more.
Funny how one person reacts completely differently to the same drug outcome lol

The low chances are exactly why my H was scared off in the beginning. Don't get me wrong we'd welcome twins in a heartbeat but it would be difficult with 3 or more.
Funny how one person reacts completely differently to the same drug outcome lol

I am VERY freaked out by the thought of 3+, but the chances are so low, and if I can't even conceive one the chances of conceiving three are almost inconceivable in my mind. It does happen, I just don't believe it'll happen to me (watch...it will lol)

I'm glad you got a positive opk nomorewaiting!! I didn't even think about cleaning the gunk out of my pipes but you're right. Well hopefully we both get our positives this month. I'm officially 1 day late. I'm waiting since I have brown spotting today. Usually that's the sign of af coming but I've never been late before either.

Good morning :)

hk how are you today?? I am still hoping that the witch is staying away for you!! I admire your patience with testing. I would have woken up on my 1 day late and totally poas. Though I am so used to seeing negatives I think I would fall over if a line showed up. So waiting is probably the smarter choice. I am going to the beach with family next week and a cheap test or two may end up in my bag as I am packing. AF isn't due til the 28th or 29th so I really should be testing next week at all!!

Lots of luck to all the clomid ladies on here!! Feel free to share your experience with it. I think after dh does his SA early next week we will probably set up an appointment with the doc to review all the results from everything we've done. I really don't know what the next step would be but it seems that clomid is a popular choice. I don't know much about it yet other than it's name and that it helps some people.

Hello all. I know that when I was searching the threads for HSG info I always wanted to know how things turned out but didn't always see how the ladies made out. So to close out this thread with a happy note I just got my first ever BFP at 13dpo on my hsg cycle. This is early and I am still praying for this little bean to stick for the next 9 months but I DID get pregnant after my hsg. Baby dust to all!

Hello all. I know that when I was searching the threads for HSG info I always wanted to know how things turned out but didn't always see how the ladies made out. So to close out this thread with a happy note I just got my first ever BFP at 13dpo on my hsg cycle. This is early and I am still praying for this little bean to stick for the next 9 months but I DID get pregnant after my hsg. Baby dust to all!

OMG nomorewaiting you just gave me SOO much hope, you don't even understand! I am beyond excited and happy for you!!!! :happydance: I have my HSG test scheduled for today, in a few hours. So I'm sitting here at work reading millions of posts and just looking for some hope that this will be the month for us after the test. We've been trying for over a year now. I've read so many positive outcomes and reading your post just made my heart melt! I have a feeling your little bean will stick and you'll have a happy and healthy 9 months! :baby:

Baby dust to all the other ladies on here, keeping my FX for all of you!! :hugs:

You have also given me hope! I had my HSG on the 25th and AF is due on the 13th. We've been TTC for almost three years now and I will be over the moon if this is our month! 2 weeks until we find out!!

You have also given me hope! I had my HSG on the 25th and AF is due on the 13th. We've been TTC for almost three years now and I will be over the moon if this is our month! 2 weeks until we find out!!

Hi Elz! How was your HSG? Were your tubes blocked or good? The test was pretty painful yesterday for me but very quick. Right tube was good but left only got cleared after the second push of the dye. I still have a little pain on that side. So hopefully we have more chances now! We've also been trying for over 2 years now. I'm ovulating at the end of next week, so I have three weeks before I find out. Keep us update, I'd love to hear that you're pregnant!!!

Hey martamok :wave:
My HSG was quite painful but it didn't last half as long as I thought it would. I was told that my tubes were clear, though the dye was slightly slower going through my left tube so perhaps the dye cleared it out? :shrug: Very similar to you!! I had mild cramps and spotting for a couple of days after the procedure. I'm really hoping that this is what we needed to get our much awaited BFP!! I'll let you know either way when I find out! Fingers crossed!! :flower:

:growlmad: You won't believe what happened, I got a UTI :sad2:
I used to get them pretty often so I guess I'm prone to them, especially after HSG. I'm super nervous about this tho, I started taking antibacterial medication on Saturday because I'm really hoping we can still do the BD at the end of this week when I'm ovulating (Thursday hopefully). FX for everyone!

Hey martamok :wave:
My HSG was quite painful but it didn't last half as long as I thought it would. I was told that my tubes were clear, though the dye was slightly slower going through my left tube so perhaps the dye cleared it out? :shrug: Very similar to you!! I had mild cramps and spotting for a couple of days after the procedure. I'm really hoping that this is what we needed to get our much awaited BFP!! I'll let you know either way when I find out! Fingers crossed!! :flower:

When do you plan to start testing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->