First ultrasound 6w4d

sheilarae07

Reaction score
We had our first ultrasound today. We were able to hear the heartbeat and everything looked good. We are beyond excited. I just wanted to share the first picture of our baby. The heart rate was 123. The doctor said that was good.

Attachments

• Baby Hensley.jpg
    Baby Hensley.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 34
Congratulations! My scan is tomorrow and I'll be 6w4d also...I am terrified. I am hoping beyond hope that I get good news like you!

Did you measure right on at 6+4? I'm a little nervous, since my lo was a few days behind with a 119 hb. Congrats on getting to see your baby!! It's an amazing thing for sure!!

I was really worried. I did another pregnancy test this morning just to make sure I was still pregnant. It was a lighter line but definitely positive and darker than the control, but it freaked me out. I was prepared for bad news.
We actually got to use a brand new ultrasound machine. We saw the heartbeat but she waited until the end to let us hear it.
I hope all goes well for you. Try not to stress. (I know that's almost impossible.)

Did you measure right on at 6+4? I'm a little nervous, since my lo was a few days behind with a 119 hb. Congrats on getting to see your baby!! It's an amazing thing for sure!!
She said I was measuring exactly right but if you look in the corner it says 6w5 days. So it may be 1 day off.
We had an iui done on 12/6 so we know the dates almost exactly. It may fluctuate a little depending on implantation day but we know in general what it should be.

why are you having scans so early? thought you got them at 12 weeks

Because I had an iui with multiple eggs released. They were just making sure how many babies there were. I also got released to a regular ob since everything looked good. I should have another one done at 8 weeks and 12 weeks too. I think it depends on the office. My sister in law went to a regular ob but did Clomid. She got an ultrasound at 6, 8, 10, and 12 weeks.
Also, I am in the US. Tennessee to be exact. It may be different in other states and countries. I do believe that if I had conceived naturally, I would not have had one until 8 weeks just to ensure the baby implanted correctly.

That is so exciting! Congratulations!

I completely understand how nerve-wracking it can be going into that scan. My first scan is tomorrow and I am just praying everything is great! I know my levels looked good a few days ago and now I'm just excited to see my baby for the first time.

I love that you got to hear the heartbeat! Ultrasound pictures are beautiful things!

That is beautiful!

You are so lucky. My first ultrasound is 18 weeks they told me. :-/

We had our first ultrasound today. We were able to hear the heartbeat and everything looked good. We are beyond excited. I just wanted to share the first picture of our baby. The heart rate was 123. The doctor said that was good.

awww, congrats. you're due the day before me. I haven't had a scan yet. My first doctor visit is Jan.20th. Normally at the doctor that I go to (when I went in the past) that's visit is normally just for all the paperwork and check the blood and test blood for hiv and std testing that they do and checking the pee.
Then about 2 to 4 weeks after that is the first ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->