First ultrasound at 12 weeks, anyone else? Very curious and anxious!

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
I was very fortunate and lucky enough to have the opportunity to volunteer for a local ultrasound program. Due to my good health history, health with previous pregnancies and no prior mc I would only get a scan from my ob/gyn at around 20 weeks so this is a once in a lifetime thing for me. I will be going on this Thursday and will be 12 weeks + 1 day along. I've been Googling away at ultrasound photos of 12 week old fetuses and wondering if mayyybe there was a chance of getting a glimpse of gender.

Anyone else have a scan at 12 weeks? What was your experience like? Please share scan photos if you have any! I'm kind of nervous but more so anxious and excited and hopeful!

The earliest I think they can determine the sex is 15 weeks.

In New Zealand a 12 week scan is pretty routine - it is when they do the NT testing for Downs Syndrome and other chromosomal disorders.

With DD4.5 I had a sccan at 12 weeks and it was the best one I think - she was fully formed but still small enough that we could see all of her at once wriggling around.

You wont be able to tell the gender at 12 weeks - much to early. Its difficult to get reliable results until 20 weeks, before then its hard to tell (I have friends that were told girl at 16 weeks and boy at 20 weeks etc)

It is also routine here In the UK to have a 12 week dating scan and a 20 week scan. Also if your high risk you also get additional scans. You won't be able to determine sex that early but enjoy seeing your bubs xx

Hey! I had an ultrasound yesterday actually. I was 12 weeks and 2 days. We got to see our little munchkin which was great and hear the heartbeat. It was too early tho to determine the gender. My little peanut wasn`t moving really much lol...They said he or she was behaving for the pictures . Hope you enjoy your ultrasound!:flower:

Everyone gets a 12 week scan in the UK - mine is tomorrow! Good luck for yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->