First Ultrasound help!

NewYork1199

Reaction score
Hi, my LMP was October 23rd, 2013 and I found out I was pregnant Nov 22nd. I went in for my 8 week scan on December 18th and then ultrasound said that I was 7 weeks and 1 day. Does that mean if I count back 7weeks and a day that that is the day that I conceived? If I do that I believe it gives me November 5th. Is that right? Thank you for the help

You said 7.1 weeks, right? Wouldn't that be Nov. 29th? IDK, maybe I'm thinking incorrectly :)

The dating they use at ultrasounds is the same as the LMP idea where you are 2 weeks pregnant already when you conceived. So if you counted back 5 w 1 d that would be when you conceived approximately. So approximately Nov. 11ish

Haha, see I was thinking wrong. Long brain-draining day at work. I meant Oct. 29th. Thanks @Literati for answering because I was wondering the same thing as @NewYork.

7 + 1 on December 18th has you ovulating about the 12th of November. Roughly!

The first two weeks of pregnancy your aren't actually pregnant. They usually take it from your last period, so the first 2 weeks are the (usual) 14 days between period and ovulation.

Because your baby measured 7 + 1 that kinda changes it as it seems you may have ovulated a little later than expected.

I ovulate about 37 days into my cycle which makes things ssuuuuppper confusing.

How could I have ovulated around the 12th of November when I was expecting my period the 19th? Isn't that really late? I was reading that you get your period 14 days after you the day you ovulate. If I go by my LMP I would have been 8 weeks and 1 day

I wish those early ultrasounds came with a disclaimer-"May be inaccurate on dating. Don't worry!" because while they can be good and show a baby and heartbeat, they can also cause so much stress because dates don't match up. At 8 weeks, baby is the size of a raspberry. Think about trying to find a raspberry through everything in the way and it's pretty amazing they can find a baby at all that early. Also things like where (and when) the baby implanted, how your uterus is positioned, the skill of the technician, and the model of ultrasound machine all affect early measurements so my dr doesn't assign me an 'official' due date until my 20 week anatomy scan. Some babies also just measure small. My son and daughter both measured a week small the whole way thru my pregnancies, but were born full term. My sister's kids have all measured at least a week smaller than her lmp and to this day, all still are on the petite side. Sometimes a small baby really is just a small baby.

I dunno but it's confusing isn't it. I know I ovulated on the 13th or 14th of Feb 2012 with Sophie, but a dating scan I had early on said nope, I ovulated around the 17th or 18th. I only had sex once and it didn't make much sense to me. She was measuring 6 weeks 0 days and I thought it should be more like 6+5.

When I went in for my 8 week I thought I was 8w4d. They measured me and I was 7w3d...and now freaking out. lol Thought baby was slow growing or something. I knew exactly when I ovulated and when we did the deed (only twice during my fertile window), so I was positive of when I O'd.

I just went in (eleven days since my last scan) and I'm back on track - 10w3d. So in eleven days, I went from 7w3d to 10w3d...either she measured wrong or baby had one heck of a growth spurt.

Don't worry too much, your next scan will be more accurate (I'd almost bet money on that!). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->